steeda tri-axe JUNK

gottabfordtough

Mar 26, 2004
indiana
i put a steeda tri axe in my 04 gt about 4 months ago and it is leaking tranny fluid up through the pivot point of the lower part of the shifter. the little pivot seal is leaking, and tranny fluid is running out and on my exhaust causing my brand new car to smoke like some old chevy on it's last leg. any one else having this problem

• Sponsors (?)

bs :bs: the install is easy. i work for a ford dealership. ive had shifters in all my other stang. and never had a problem, it was sealed fine with ford sealer (the grey stuff) you can fill the indition up with water put it in fourth gear and the water runs straight through the seal. it is the seal not the install

Ryan02Stang said:
Did you reinstall the little plastic cap that goes over the part of the shifter that goes into the transmission???

yes the plastic piece is fine.

even once i took out the shifter you could fill the little troph that the pivot seal is in with water and it hold in all other gear but in fourth it leaks straight through. no questions about it "it's the shifter"

just wanted to see if anyone else had the problem or ever heard of it

call the manufacturer and see what they say. IF it is the shifter maybe you just got a bad one :shrug: Either way they should be able to help you fix your problem or send you a new one.
I was supposed to install mine when i went home on leave but the *****ers lost my order. I called them today and they said they would ship it tomorrow 2 day air. GREAT, SO WHEN I COME HOME IN AUGUST, I CAN PUT IT IN. :nonono:

Hope you fix the problem.

gottabfordtough said:
bs :bs: the install is easy. i work for a ford dealership. ive had shifters in all my other stang. and never had a problem, it was sealed fine with ford sealer (the grey stuff) you can fill the indition up with water put it in fourth gear and the water runs straight through the seal. it is the seal not the install
maybe you didnt use enough ive had mine eight months and no probs

I wouldn't worry about it, the 3650's come with too much fluid in them anyway. The amount that leaked is probably less than an oz. or two. A little fluid leaked out of mine right after the install but its has been fine since then. It probably leaked on some hard turns, and starts/stops. I noticed my leak after an autox. There is no way you installed it wrong, its only 4 bolts, and the seal is not going to cause a major leak at all.

2k2fourpointsix said:
I wouldn't worry about it, the 3650's come with too much fluid in them anyway. The amount that leaked is probably less than an oz. or two. A little fluid leaked out of mine right after the install but its has been fine since then. It probably leaked on some hard turns, and starts/stops. I noticed my leak after an autox. There is no way you installed it wrong, its only 4 bolts, and the seal is not going to cause a major leak at all.

:bs: If I were you I'd Call Steeda!

Like others said, I'd say call Steeda, I've had mine for over 2 years with no problems, first it was on my '02 GT, then I installed it (same one) on my Mach 1 when I traded for it last October.

no leaks here after 3 years with mine : shrug: no offense but I have had certified mechanics screw up pulley's, timing adjusters, sealing pinions ETC, so you working at a ford dealership only makes more sense that it doesn't work. that's why I do everything myself now, it's not rocket science, so just re-install it more carefully and make sure that thing is bolted down, sealed ETC. good luck.