Stock 95 1/4 times?

• Sponsors (?)

hmm thats alright I guess...

What kind of bolt-on mods are worth anything on these cars without sacraficing gas mileage and staying smog legal? I assume typical stuff like pulleys.... maybe ditching the factory air box, is the stock TB a choking point? Are plug in modules worth anything like the Venom stuff?

Being in CA, you'll end up having to find parts with a CARB EO # because of your very strict emissions, but you could probably keep fairly decent mileage with some pretty good mods, if you keep your foot out of it :D I'm pretty sure there's some complete top-end kits that have an EO # (like the TFS kit), so that may be an option worth looking into. I'm not sure about blowers, but that's always another option, too. Kinda depends on your budget mostly.

im hoping to go to the track within a month or so myself. never been so im sure i will do horrible but after some seat time, im curious how my car will do with the few mods i have.

i would be happy with a 9.1 / 14.20

you can get short tube headers and a catted x or h-pipe, that will help some. pulleys, gears, shifter, cold air intake, all that stuff will help a bit. but if you want to get serious your going to have to rip out the h/c/i. as wade said, suspension can help a lot with your launches, subsequently getting lower 60' times and a lower E.T.

I'm not worried about traction, i've got a set of QTPs I could throw on it... And even if it does have problems hooking up i'm more concerned with putting up a good MPH, so no short shifters or any non engine upgrades.

I mentioned the venom as when I was in HS auto shop we used to have a 95 that just had that with everything else stock and unbolted exhaust after the cats and it sure felt like a 13 second car, which is my goal, as long as it's putting up the power for a 98-100 MPH 1/4 time I'd be happy. And being in that ET range it doesn't take much HP to make a big difference. So you guys don't think pulleys and a module are worth 15-25 HP? Oh plus it has some aftermarket exhaust stuff (high flow cats and aftermarket mufflers).

For what its worth, my only power mods were o/r h-pipe, flowmaster mufflers and cai, and i ran 14.2@96 w/ 2.01 60' on Nitto 315 drag radials. I just installed 3.73 gears and a new flowmaster catback with al 2.5" tubing as opposed to the choked up 2.25" tubing with the welded in flows. Im hoping i can squeak into the 13's fairly easily with only those mods, and if not, pullies will get me there although i dont think its necessary.

Also, i have about 130-140 lbs of weight reduction. Aftermarket seats, o/r h-pipe is about 40 lbs lighter, all a/c stuff ripped out, aftermarket fiberglass hood, no spare/jack/carpet/trunk mat, etc