stupid distribut0r....carb swap rant

dragnazz5.0

My "0" key d0esn't w0rk, s0 I have t0 use the zer0
Nov 19, 2005
mooresville, nc
well me and a buddy started the carb swap last night (came up with the idea at ab0ut 5 after a few beers) and ended up getting the new timing c0ver 0n, intake, carb, fuel pump, thr0ttle cable and everything else ripped 0ut. but n0w we d0nt have a distribut0r. the distribut0r we had that we th0ught w0uld w0rk isnt g0ing t0 w0rk. its g0t a cast ir0n gear 0n it and we tried t0 swap it with a steel gear 0ff 0f a tfi distribut0r...but the shaft is a different size. s0 n0w i d0nt have my car f0r a week because i d0nt have time t0 w0rk 0n it during the week and i d0nt have m0ney f0r a new distribut0r. which brings me t0 an0ther questi0n. are the hei distribut0rs fr0m ebay any g00d? id like t0 run an hei distribut0r 0r a duraspark but it seems the hei are a l0t easier t0 c0me by and the parts are m0re readily available. thanks and s0rry f0r it being s0 l0ng im just ann0yed

• Sponsors (?)

dude, you can get a rebuilt from Autozone for dirt cheap! And if you don't have a core just go to a junkyard and buy a busted one for the core. One of the best things i've done to my car is getting a Malory Unilite distributor. It's pretty old school but it hooks up with 3 wires...and that's IT. You can't beat that. No ignition box, no duraspark wiring hastles...just wire it to the coil and ground it and go.

85_SS_302_Coupe said:
dude, you can get a rebuilt from Autozone for dirt cheap! And if you don't have a core just go to a junkyard and buy a busted one for the core. One of the best things i've done to my car is getting a Malory Unilite distributor. It's pretty old school but it hooks up with 3 wires...and that's IT. You can't beat that. No ignition box, no duraspark wiring hastles...just wire it to the coil and ground it and go.

yeah, i wish i had the m0ney. it just sucks, i 0nly w0rk part time since im in sch00l and i already spent my entire freakin paycheck that i g0t friday. ill pr0bably end up getting a duraspark fr0m s0mewhere.

helped a friend yesterday with his carb swap....he bought a msd pro billet...same one i run on my 347. simple 2 wire hookup to the coil and ground wire. nothing to it.

oh yea......and keyboards cost about as much as hose clamps now :D

MyBad70 said:
helped a friend yesterday with his carb swap....he bought a msd pro billet...same one i run on my 347. simple 2 wire hookup to the coil and ground wire. nothing to it.

oh yea......and keyboards cost about as much as hose clamps now :D

yeah, well the wh0le thing ab0ut buying a new distribut0r is that i d0nt have any m0ney. im a student and w0rk ab0ut 20 h0urs a week at 7.50/hr. ill get a new keyb0ard 0nce i get my car d0ne.