Stupid Mistake...

Play Fast

Nov 19, 2002
Virginia
Coming home tonight being tired and having an a-hole behind me with the brights on blinding me I turned too sharp to park along the curb and hit the curb just enough to scratch up about an inch or two of my wheel :bang: :mad:

Well needless to say I am pissed off at myself right now for doing that and feel sick that I scratched up my wheel :nonono:

I know I can not get it looking brand new but what would be the best method to doctor it up to where it would not be as noticeable? I have 18x9 high aluminum polished '03 Cobra Replica's from AFS Wheels. If it was not so dark out I would take and post a picture, so if anyone needs to see a picture to tell me the best method, I will post one tomorrow when I get home from work.

Thank you in advance, I am going to go bang my head on the wall now :bang: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

I had a F-Body friend who had his curb rashed rim repaired - you could barely tell it was fixed. I'm not sure what kind of business repairs rims or how it's done, but crack open the phone book and call some local wheel dealers...they should know.

The damage is not super bad but it did gash just a little bit, luckily it is only on the outter rim where the wheel meets the tire so hopefully sanding it down some like in the link (or finding a shop to do it for me) will make it very close to new!!

Thank you all for your responses :hail2: :flag:

Thats a good link....Well I just did this to two of my 03 AFS wheels....I curbed the passengre side a while back....I used my dremel, with a small 3/4 sanding disc (320 grit). I went along the edge smoothing out the best I could. I then used the same discs on my finger and went in a straight line around the lip, trying to match the machine lines (mine ar ehte machined ones, not the polished ones). When I got done with that, I used a little crocus cloth by hand on it to lessen the dull (super fine emery cloth). You would need to start polishing here....When I got it to my desired look, I taped the lip off, and shot it with some Krylon clear, just to keep if from oxidizing (looking like charcoal grey vise the semi shiny)....It doesn't look perfect, and you can see I repaired it when you look close. But from a standing distance you don't even notice it anymore (whereas the curbed look could be spotted several feet away)...It only took a couple of hours total for both wheels....It is easier if the wheels are off the car :)

Good luck....