Stupid Question.... N/A Club

You think they'd be ok to run this Summer until I can order a new set and swap them out next summer? Like I said i'll probably only put 1000 miles on the car til I put it away again. Next set i'll go w/something like the FRPP's or Steeda's. I know a couple of my friend's have 2" drops on their Stangs. One has an 03 w/the Eibach's and another has a 95 w/Jamex. I'll have to let them know. THANKS..

• Sponsors (?)

Since most of us spend lots of time reading through peoples problems, we tend to have certain modifications we consider not great ones. Of course, there are tons of Mustang enthusiasts having great success with the very things we recommend against.

The more time you spend here, the more you'll read about these things (your springs, Pro-M MAF's, Mac TB's, MAF screen removal, underdrive pullies, etc.)

Remember, it's your ride, everyones Mustang experience is different, and in the end, what you do to it is totally up to you. :cheers:

N/A 2V is not bad until you get into heads and shortblocks. You spend an extra 5K on heads/SB and put down 20-30RWHP more than me. Its really not worth it in that sense.
But the bolton way lets you really learn your car as you go, and not anyone can just "decide" to drop 5500 at one time on a freegin S/C. We do this over time, otherwise id still be driving around a BONE stock GT if I was saving for a S/C lol

See, I mod for the enjoyment of it...its my hobby. I dont want to take the easy route and just buy a fast car, or buy a S/C....ill take the rocky path and enjoy and appreciate every hour I sink into my car. :nice:

EDIT: A perfect exaple of the way to build a fast car is from Adrenln. He has built his car for a S/C, but in the mean time he has a fast N/A car and is getting used to some power. When he slappes on the S/C, he will be prepared.

yeah, about that N/A club thing......see now that I have this new job, umm......how do I put this w/o stepping on anyones toes....N O V I :D

but until then Im still in the market for LT's and cams, so I'd still like to hit 12s on motor before the blower. we'll see :)

When the stangs payed off...ill say hello to a 5.4 4V and 500++ RWHP, all N/A :D.

I have nothing against S/Cing though, the 66 will get an intercooled novi 2K probably later this year. I built the engine specifically for a S/C...but im only shooting for 600ish to the tires, which will come real easy @ only 12ish PSI...if that.

What about having full bolt ons AND FI? Only reason why I don't have cams now is because it would push my stock internals over the edge. And I wouldn't consider cams to be bolt ons anyways.

But being blown is fun everywhere, not just the track...though it can be tricky putting down the extra hp to the ground. The attention (sometimes unwanted) a blown stang gets can be astounding as well. Whenever, I pop the hood crowds will come. There's no feeling like toying with an M3 or C5, intentionally letting him get the jump, only to blow by leaving him wondering wtf just went wrong. :)

Hmm, maybe I should start a FI club?

5K to hit 300rwhp? lol thats a good one! I guess you could pay that much if you didn't do most of the work yourself. By the time I hit 300rwhp I'll have spent $2,500ish.
$580 for my LT's and Prochamber
$175 for my 70mm TB
$250 for my CAI
Not counting the $900 or so I spent on my suspension.

Cams will cost about $600
Springs will cost about $200
Plenum will be $200ish
Tune and programer $500

I'll get away with installing the cams for damn near free as my friends and I bust our knuckles doing that kind of stuff.