stupid z28 owners

well today i talked to this dude....why is it that z28 drivers know the least about cars. He told me that with 10 psi (supercharged that is) his 97 z28 would make 600 horsepower. What a joke. These people are retarded. I even explained the theory to him...14.5 psi will double engine output assuming the supercharger is 100% efficient and he still said "i saw it in a magazine" Theses people are ignorant. Tell me what you think.

• Sponsors (?)

yea i know exactly what it is you are talking about. My friend always has to have the better stuff. Well I just got a cobra and he is getting a z28. He keeps telling me that mine is so slow because it is a 4.6 and his is 5.7 or some **** like that. He said he would smoke me anytime i wanted to race i told him about the 320 hp stock on my cobra and he said his is only 5hp less. I told him its not all about hp unless its hp to the rear wheels and he said i am full of crap and would get beat every time we raced. but what i am trying to say is yes z28 owners are ignorant to everything.

People who think a car is faster becuase it has a bigger engine are the dumbest when it comes to cars. If they are going to say something like "yur car only haz a 4.6 in it an myne haaz uh 5.7 wicH mEEnz iTs lot FaSTER!" then you shouldnt even respond to them.

yea...there are also some import people with those large mouths, and ive seen them on the dyno before.nothing against them, some of those cars can be fast. but then again its all about getting the power to the wheels.but the cobra should take on the z28 especially with some gears :)

OK, is his motor stock? With the proper blower and supporting mods, I don't see how 600 hp @ 10 psi is so far off. He could be running some spray with it. Blower cam, head work, etc. You come off sounding rather ignorant in this post, actually. Not trying to flame, but you know what they say about pulling the thorn out of your brothers' eyes...

103 said:
OK, is his motor stock? With the proper blower and supporting mods, I don't see how 600 hp @ 10 psi is so far off. He could be running some spray with it. Blower cam, head work, etc. You come off sounding rather ignorant in this post, actually. Not trying to flame, but you know what they say about pulling the thorn out of your brothers' eyes...

"SURE, AND THEN JUST CHANGE THE PULLEY RATIOS OF THE BLOWER AND CRANK TO BOOSTED UP TO 20LBS. AND YOU'LL SEE 1200HP OR SO." :rlaugh:

He was just say to "ADDED" a blower, no head cam intake swap, no N20.

Um, it's late and all that, but what you said makes zero sense... Were you trying to make fun of the "Z28 guy" in question, the original poster, me... I'm very confused. I did not see anywhere in the thread or any linked thread (which does not exist) that stated anything other than what I typed about. No one said there was nothing else in the motor or spray.

And, come on guys, most of the Z28 owners I know know much more about cars than most Cobra owners I know. In fact, many of the Cobra owners I know don't know much at all about cars...

Also, stock for stock, an LS1 Z28 will beat a 99/01 Cobra. Much better susp for drags and much, much better torque curve.

54life said:
well today i talked to this dude....why is it that z28 drivers know the least about cars. He told me that with 10 psi (supercharged that is) his 97 z28 would make 600 horsepower. What a joke. These people are retarded. I even explained the theory to him...14.5 psi will double engine output assuming the supercharger is 100% efficient and he still said "i saw it in a magazine" Theses people are ignorant. Tell me what you think.

Maybe, just possibly, in a Z06 the 10lbs might get you to the 600mark but not your basic LS1

peace

Keep in mind the GM motors have higher compression and are not boost friendly. That's why you don't see to many s/c'd F-body cars out there....however, they do respond very well to head and cam work.

600RWHP....no way....possibly at the crank. You never know :shrug:

302cobra97 said:
yea i know exactly what it is you are talking about. My friend always has to have the better stuff. Well I just got a cobra and he is getting a z28. He keeps telling me that mine is so slow because it is a 4.6 and his is 5.7 or some **** like that. He said he would smoke me anytime i wanted to race i told him about the 320 hp stock on my cobra and he said his is only 5hp less. I told him its not all about hp unless its hp to the rear wheels and he said i am full of crap and would get beat every time we raced. but what i am trying to say is yes z28 owners are ignorant to everything.

What year Z28 is he getting because if it's an LS1 and you are both stock your gonna have you hands very very full. that is if you are both stock

As a former F-body owner I can say unless you do some major motor work a dream of 600+ hp is just that a dream. A supercharger on a LT4 might get you 500+.

Hey 103 it's nice to see a fellow OP person here.

103 said:
i meant stock engine....i shoulda clarified

I could say the same thing about Mustang owners. That'd be kinda ignorant though...because I've met plenty of Stang owners that know more about about their cars than I do mine.
So just because you've met one or two (or more) dumbass Camaro/Z28/F-body owners doesn't mean we're all the same.

But indeed you are correct, a stock LT1 wouldn't get near 600hp with just a 10psi blower. Also, as already said...10.5:1 CR + 10psi of boost = rebuild (it's just a matter of time).

OK, with a stock motor, you are absolutely correct. He doesn't know what he's talking about. But all of us didn't know what we were talking about at one point when we were learning, so cut him a little slack (unless he's a prick, hehe). But he isn't representative of most F-body guys--especially the LT1 guys...

103 said:
Also, stock for stock, an LS1 Z28 will beat a 99/01 Cobra. Much better susp for drags and much, much better torque curve.

well 103 i dont know if your just tired or you believe that a 97 z28 has a ls1 in it cause that would be wronge last time i checked...but maybe thats not what your talkin about huh???

but imo no matter what car someone drives there is gonna be someone who doesnt know what there talkin about..i know cobra guys who think a stock 99 will run 11's and thats far from the truth..so matter where ya go there is always gonna be an ignorant person in the group right 103??