Sub-Frames

94_302

Founding Member
Sep 2, 2002
Miami
I was looking through the steeda catalog and saw some subframes for $75. It got me thinking how much would a decent set of subframes cost? Where would I get them, I would be thinking of getting the bolt in and not the weld in. since I would like to install them myself and dont know how to weld. Just to clear things up they reduce body flex correct?
One more thing, I will be getting a t-moss ported lower, do I need to get new gaskets? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I bought mine from Kenny Brown and had a local muffler shop (not a chain shop) install them for about $20. The install took about a half hour of my time to wait. Noticeable difference and fewer squeaks. Wish I would have done this when I bought the car. The subs cost around $100, but I'm sure they can be had for a little cheaper.

The general consensus is to go with welds, because they offer the most benefit. Bolt-ons are ok, but there's just something about all that stress being put on a few skinny bolts. Also, get a set that has the cross frame brace that attaches to the seat bolts.

94_302 said:
I would be thinking of getting the bolt in and not the weld in. since I would like to install them myself and dont know how to weld. Just to clear things up they reduce body flex correct?

Once you get them bolted in, you can take it to a shop and get them welded later.