Sumitomo HTR+: Anyone try them

94-302-vert

Aug 16, 2004
NE CT
I currently use the General UHPs, 275 rear, 245 front and I need tires. These are directional so I can't rotate at all (no F/R or S/S rotation). So I am looking at the Sumitomo HTR+ ( http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...WR7HTRPL&rearTire=74WR7HTRPL&place=1&minLoad= ).

Has anyone tried these? Especially if anyone has tried both these AND the Generals it is appreciated. I jsut hate to spend $500+ on anything without getting opinions from someone I trust...

• Sponsors (?)

the HTR+ is a good tire IMO. i bought a new set and had them mounted on my 17x9 cobra r's few years ago. for the money, they cant be beat. another plus is the fact that they are a ALL SEASON performance tire. so if your car is a DD, its a good choice.

i'd vote yes :nice:

if your car isnt a DD, consider these: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...se&partnum=74ZR7HTRZ&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

little cheaper and still a good tire. i currently have these now on my car

i had them on my stock 16's 245 all around, ****test tire i ever had.. burned up in no time...

im using continental extream contact 275/255.. 2nd pair, love them for being in jersey, work great in the snow and dry traction is good

I have the Sumitomo HTR Z. They perform pretty well for me, but we'll see how they handle the punishment I put on them in September at Midwest Mustang Madness, when I take them around the road course.

im using continental extream contact 275/255.. 2nd pair, love them for being in jersey, work great in the snow and dry traction is good

I have to say that I considered these BUT my car has always worn the left sides of the front tires... and I have had the car profesionally aligned 2 times (different shops) and even played with the alignment myself a bunch... so I really want to be able to run staggered sizes (F/R) and still rotate...

I have them all the way around, well HTR+'s, they have worked fine for me. I don't get on it very hard anymore--at least not like i did with the nitto's--but the HTR+'s have been able to handle whatever I've thrown at them. They also have handled a lot better in the rain than my Nitto 555's.

-Will

I have htrz3's 275/40/17 in the front and they grip pretty dang good (i autocross)
I have htrz1's 315/35/17 in the rear and they suck. I wish i had 275 hrtz3's in the back too if not nitto drag radials. I am definately going with those in the rear when my current set wears out....

I just put the HTR+ On my g/f's 06 civic and they looked much better then her OE bridgestone turnaza tires and she says she feels less of the road and it handles a bit better and the have the curb rash protector since she seems to think shes driving a jeep sometimes, lol. Pretty good tire, might get some for the stang next, super inexpensive and great tread wear number 360