supercharger experts. i need your advise please

ShortThrow50

Oct 22, 2006
Pa
Ok, i just rapped up shop putting my engine and trans back in the car, along with the vortech s-trim 10 psi. now look at my mods below. thats what iam running. 24 pounders and a 190 intank. I got a super deal on this polished used unit that only has 3k miles on it. i dont drive my car hardly at all. its not my dd. I have zero dollars to buy anymore supporting mods at this time, maybe in like 2 weeks. my question is this. what should i buy. the vortech fmu calibrated for 24 pounders and also buy a 255lph in tank pump. Or should i just buy the 42 pound injectors and the 255 lph pump? I can only afford these two supporting mods. I wont be able to get the car tuned for a while either. Before anybody says im gonna burn a hole in the piston the way it sits now, i do realize thats a possibility if i were to tromp on the gas. Ill take it easy, i promise. I did set the gap on the plugs at .35 and put the timing down to 10 degrees. One last question: what should i set my fuel pressure at for right now? ill get you guys some pictures tonight.
thank you

• Sponsors (?)

run facotry fuel pressure around 40-42 psi is what mine is at idle. Get the 42s and a 255 intank but that car is going to run like **** with 42s and no tune. Some will argue but I have seen prolly 3 cars in the last week that just got a SC and 42s and 2 wouldnt even make it out of the drive way

40-42 with the vac disconnetcted? In my research i have been reading about soe people that ru around with 42's and no tune with no problems. I hear mixed reviews actually. i would definnately get a tune down the road. im just sayin for now though to be on the safe side. the 42's and the pump would be the route u would go?. i wouldnt mind runnin rich

40-42 with the vac disconnetcted? In my research i have been reading about soe people that ru around with 42's and no tune with no problems. I hear mixed reviews actually. i would definnately get a tune down the road. im just sayin for now though to be on the safe side. the 42's and the pump would be the route u would go?. i wouldnt mind runnin rich

yeah I would go that route, but I mean it might run great with no tune. every car is different I have seen some cars run good with no tune and other wont run at all without a tune. def want to go rich instead of lean

No matter what anyone tells you, FMU's are band aids at best. And certainly not something you want to use in higher boost applications like yours. Do it properly and go with the larger injectors, pump and ECU tune from the get go and sleep easy at night. If you can't afford to do it properly now, shelve the project and hold off until you're able to.

It sucks to hear, but if you're not able to do it right, half-assing it and cutting corners often does little more than cause you problems and even more money in the end.