supercharger help

93killerbee

Oct 15, 2003
ohio
any help would be great. I have a 93 gt with the following mods, typhoon upper and lower intake cold air intake, 1 5/8 equal lenght headers off road h-pipe and magna flow 2 1/2 inch exhaust. i get about 180 miles out of a full tank fo gas. what will i get if i install a basic super charger.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a highly modified 5.0 with a paxton novi 2k. I recently got 25 MPG on the highway. The supercharger wont hurt mileage at all if you keep you foot out of it. In fact, it can help because it will increase your low end torque allowing you to drive the car at highway speed at low RPM's. But this is assuming your doing highway speeds and once again, keeping your foot out of it.
The flip side is, once you have a supercharger, its easy to get crazy and feel the power and gun it all around town... of course if you do this, you will get ****ty gas mileage. Or in your case- ****tier! Good luck

MAybe 300 kilometers a tank lol. I havent gotten 300 miles a tank since I drove an Integra. Anyways..

Before my blower I had catback, x pipe and gears. Got around 190-200 a tank in the city and around 215-200 on the highway.

After the blower install (6psi) I am getting 150-155 in the city and 240 on the highway. The gas milage in the city decreased EVEN WHILE DRIVING LIKE A GRANDMA. That means no boost. The only explanation I have is that the blower takes alot of power to drive, and thats the downside of blowers. Go turbo if at all possible. So now I just gun it everywhere I go and there is absolutey no difference at all. May as well have fun with this sh--ty gas milage, lol.