Supercharger on the way,do i need something more?

bock

Founding Member
Jan 7, 2002
Montreal,Qc
  • Sponsors (?)

bock said:
Hey.

Im in the process of buying a Vortech supercharger, part # 4FA218-010.Its the 5-6 psi. kit.
My engine have a stock short block with 70 000 miles on it.Also:

TFS/TW.
F-303.
GT-40 intakes.
1.6 RR
73mm MAF and 70mm TB.
#24 inject. with 255 LPH fuel pump and Kirban FPR.
Full exhaust.

Will i need something more with this kit?Fuel rail? injectors?

THE KIT ----> http://store.summitracing.com/defau...eywordSearch&DDS=1&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp

Uh, nope. You will perfectly fine with ur current set-up and what comes with the base kit. U've already got ur injectors and pump...

Only one suggestion I can give you though. Watch out for the FMU... it is going to come in the kit caliburated for 19# injectors and you have 24 which can potentionally cause some major rich mixture at WOT. Maybe you can look into a recaliburation kit for the fmu.

Vortech makes a good blower, I've had mine for over a year with no problems what-so-ever. You will be happy.

I installed it with the help of my little brother whos just 19 :rolleyes:

The install is actually fairly easy. It took me and my brother about 8 hours to do but we took our sweet time. If you need any help at all with that stuff just let me know.

If i'm reading those mods correctly you have Twisted wedge heads?

You are going to need 42# injectors, and a Pro M meter calibrated for them if you truely want it to run right.

#24's are good for h/c/i cars or supercharger ONLY cars.
Not the combination of both.

You'll be looking at 400-450 rwhp and that will easily exceed 24's

I believe you just run the fmu with the right disc.

Check with the supercharger guys on that.

Critic, you are using a PMS, which is the equiavent to a chip. That's an expensive way to go with little to no Hp benefit.

dont run the fmu. sell it. buy an 80mm pro-m and 42#injectors. i didnt see the t-rexx in line fuel pump in that discription. if not included, id get an inline pump to help put that 255 you have in the tank. make sure you have it dyno tuned right away or get a pms

You will be fine with what you have, Just make sure you have the correct disc in the FMU for 24lb injectors. With only 5-6lbs of boost you will not need bigger injectors or the T-rex pump. The guys who are refering to getting 42lb injectors and no FMU are guys that have dealt with 8-10lbs of boost from the Vortech S-Trim kit. You have the SC trim which will work great with what you have. The FMU can cause some concerns though at high rpms with fuel delivery. But if you really wanted to get rid of it, for your set-up I would recommend 36lb injectors and get it tuned. Then you will have no issues. Personally get the correct disc to calibrate your FMU to your injectors and run with it for a while and check it out.

2000xp8 said:
If i'm reading those mods correctly you have Twisted wedge heads?

You are going to need 42# injectors, and a Pro M meter calibrated for them if you truely want it to run right.

#24's are good for h/c/i cars or supercharger ONLY cars.
Not the combination of both.

You'll be looking at 400-450 rwhp and that will easily exceed 24's

:stupid:

I'd get larger injectors, ditch the FMU, and get a custom tune. No better way to do it.

You probably CAN get away with an FMU, but you can also use bailing twine or rope to hold an exhaust pipe in place. :shrug: If you get my point...

I was at my buddies shop yesterday, and asked him how he prefers it. (his name is in my sig). He's been doing this much longer than probably anyone on this message board.

He likes 42's with an FMU. Says the cars sometimes run a little rich, but never run lean. Makes for a very safe DD.

2000xp8 said:
Critic, you are using a PMS, which is the equiavent to a chip. That's an expensive way to go with little to no Hp benefit.

1 - Power gains noticable with it on compared to it disabled.
2 - I have made several changes since I bought it, about to add a blower. Each change would require a new chip. That adds up to more than the PMS, easily.
3 - Chips do not have a read out with all kinds of useful engine information.
4 - I can tune with my PMS. I do not have a dyno and a chip burner.