supercharger Q

• Sponsors (?)

M9rkym9rk112 said:
but i just want the supercharger off the 1990 ford thunderbird....would it fit in my stang...

I think somehow you have the misconception that the Super Coupe blower is a centrifugal supercharger.
I say buy the car for $1k and tear the engine down and do a swap.

I haven't researched swapping a SC roots blower onto a Mustang 3.8, but I know you'll at least need the intake and maybe his cylinder heads. I would also count on a lot of other modifications such as Chip, and I don't even know how the belt would hook up.

The reason the guy swapped the whole motor is because it was easier than modifying the stang motor to work with the bird's supercharger. You do have to do a lot of modifying as they are not exactly the same nor will it just bolt-on. If you buy the whole car you'll have everything you need.

Yeah it would be easier to get the whole motor swapped as I beleive you have to have the heads and intakes from the SC engine and probably the wiring and some other things I'm sure. Plus the bottom end is stronger on the SC motor to handle the roots blower, ours is not strong enough without swapping pistons and rods to something of the forged kind.

Buy the whole motor clean it up and swap it in, it would be alot less of a headache.