supercharger with high compression????

hey guys is there anyway to supercharge a car that has 11.2:1 compression? Just kinda curious if i could or not..Thanks guys because i can get a supercharger kit for cheap and if need be then i can replace the head gaskets with thicker ones and have the combustion chambers milled to help lower the Cr???

• Sponsors (?)

Of course you could put it on, but you'd be wasting your time and money. You would only safely be able to run like 3 lbs of boost and probably race gas. With high compression I'd lean more towards nitrous for a power adder.

Supercharger and that compression and 93 octane will not happen with a tune or not. I have done this before on cars and by the time you removing timing and plugs fowling all the time you make the same horspower without the blower as with. Supercharger'Pressure' is raising your compression that is the way it works so with 5psi you will be at 13-1 compression and so you will need Octane for that compression.

yeah no, not at that compression. If it was in the low 10 range id say possible with awesome tuning at around 6-8psi, provided you get 0 knock, and are running on the rich side for safety purposes, and a EGT and wideband o2 Gauge were installed so you can keep track of things in realtime. youd be suprised how much a change in the barometric pressure or temps affect a tune, it can be rich one day and lean the other.

a Evo has a cr of 9.5:1 on stock semi-forged rotating assembly and can run 28psi safely. A local rebuild his to 10:1 fully forged and runs 15psi safely, and found his edge when he tried doing 20psi on racegas and had to shut down half track cause his EGT's shot up the roof and his knock sensor went crazy. at 17psi he was able to run with racegas and not get knock.

Will you be running an inter cooler? Will you be running water / alcohol injection? Both of these will reduce the temperature increase from the blower. If you want to run high boost levels convert to E85. Also are running the stock camshaft?