SUPERCHARGING HELP

vitesse06

May 15, 2006
okay guys i'm ready to make the blower purchase for my car....(2006 ford mustang GT manual) but first let me tell you that i have owned turboed and supercharged cars before (91 and 94 turbo MR2)(1995 rx-7) and (2001 lightning)......just so i dont sound like a moron.......because some of my reasoning might sound a little retarded.

Their are 2 superchargers im currently interested in.........the Ford Racing whipple and the ATI procharger.

i am leaning towards a centrifugal blower because i am more impressed with top end power more than low end torque. this is my preferance.....(okay now my retarded reasoning)....every since i turned 16....(i am 26 now) i always wanted that idle whine of a centri blower that a roots type was never able to deliver
:shrug: .....its weird but i want it for that reason alone.....anyways are the the centri blowers reliable?:shrug: i am not looking for more that 420 rwhp.......the car is a daily driver here in los angeles, kinda bad traffic......any overheating problems?......reliabilty problems?

the ford whipple is the other contender, everytime i open a ford magazine the whipple has produced very impressive #'s with the look of factory engineering (a major plus in my eyes....) i have read many install articles on the whipple and it looks as if ford racing hit the nail right on the head.......even right to the plug-n-play computer flash:nice: its =such a turn-on how the system looks like it was made from the factory like that.

p.s. im going to need a good southern cali install and tuner.....im right near ucla and the place i normally get my stuff installed is chicane out in torrance......but im looking for a place dedicated to supercharging installs and tuning

please help a fellow stangnet member make a good choice.:)

• Sponsors (?)

I've got a 07 gt and I'm going with the pro charger. Really just for 2 small reasons.

First, the Procharger has tons of room for expansion in power. We all know we start off saying "I just street cruise 400hp is enough for me". Let's face it though, it's nice to know the expansion is there and easily obtainable should you want to go get a little more.

Secondly, procharger was aware of the 2007 software changes and literally purchased a 2007 GT of their own for building their tunes. They did not elect to use a customer car as a test mule. This shows me a great deal of dedication to the product over all.

I like the whipple look too, but my research and question answering with both over the last several weeks has me in prochargers corner once the 07 kits become available.

Can't help you with a Cali tuner, i'm a long way from there being in Illinois..

Yes, the centri's are fine!.. I have the Vortech HO kit on my car with a custom tune putting 431 at the tire with No issues whatsoever!..If you are interested in a vortech or paxton kit let me know as I can get you a nice discount on one. My best friend owns a mustang shop here in LA and also is a distributor for Procharger.. Send me a PM if you need help....Chris

I'm running a Procharger and have had no issues whatsoever. Great kit.

Whipples are also top notch. The Procharger will pull extremely hard to red line and the low end torque is definitely strong, so you won't be disappointed.

If whine is what you want the procharger is the loudest and the whipple is one of the quietest. I find the turbine noise of my procharger so loud at idle over powers the exhaust sound. If you want top end 140mph + on dyno and over 400rwhp pro-charger is great

vitesse06 said:
okay guys i'm ready to make the blower purchase for my car....(2006 ford mustang GT manual) but first let me tell you that i have owned turboed and supercharged cars before (91 and 94 turbo MR2)(1995 rx-7) and (2001 lightning)......just so i dont sound like a moron.......because some of my reasoning might sound a little retarded.

Their are 2 superchargers im currently interested in.........the Ford Racing whipple and the ATI procharger.

i am leaning towards a centrifugal blower because i am more impressed with top end power more than low end torque. this is my preferance.....(okay now my retarded reasoning)....every since i turned 16....(i am 26 now) i always wanted that idle whine of a centri blower that a roots type was never able to deliver
:shrug: .....its weird but i want it for that reason alone.....anyways are the the centri blowers reliable?:shrug: i am not looking for more that 420 rwhp.......the car is a daily driver here in los angeles, kinda bad traffic......any overheating problems?......reliabilty problems?

the ford whipple is the other contender, everytime i open a ford magazine the whipple has produced very impressive #'s with the look of factory engineering (a major plus in my eyes....) i have read many install articles on the whipple and it looks as if ford racing hit the nail right on the head.......even right to the plug-n-play computer flash:nice: its =such a turn-on how the system looks like it was made from the factory like that.

p.s. im going to need a good southern cali install and tuner.....im right near ucla and the place i normally get my stuff installed is chicane out in torrance......but im looking for a place dedicated to supercharging installs and tuning

please help a fellow stangnet member make a good choice.:)

Living in California I would make sure the Procharger has a CARB number. I read in another thread that a guy in California bought a car out of state with a Procharger installed and couldn’t get it licensed because the Procharger doesn’t have a number. I know the Whipple is supposed to have a CARB # but I don’t live in Cal so I have never confirmed that it does.

Earl

anthony05gt..............:rlaugh:..............i didnt realize that was your car.......all you needed to say if look at your back issues of muscle mustangs and fast fords!!!!!!!!!!!...........thats one awesome ride you got there:nice:

what are your 1/4 mile times with that bad boy? thanks for help making my mind on the procharger!

-jason

for all the guys running the ati procharger

have any of you guys heard that the procharger kit is not good for california, due to the fact they cannot get a good tune because of our lack of high octane at the pumps here in cali.?????????.........i called a couple shops here in la and suggested i should not go with the pro-charger cause they have not been able to tune them yet for 91 octane fuel.....:shrug:

vitesse06 said:
anthony05gt..............:rlaugh:..............i didnt realize that was your car.......all you needed to say if look at your back issues of muscle mustangs and fast fords!!!!!!!!!!!...........thats one awesome ride you got there:nice:

what are your 1/4 mile times with that bad boy? thanks for help making my mind on the procharger!

-jason

Thanks man. The car will do high tens now depending on the track and conditions. I don't make it a habit of taking this car to the track. Don't want to put a cage in it and don't want to tear the car up too much.