Supra Aerotop On Mustang?!

madman213

Jun 16, 2003
Boston
I am thinking about have a custom aerotop like the ones found on supras done on my mustang. It is kinda like t-tops but instead of 2 individual t-tops it is just one single top. Has any one every seen this done. If so any pics. I live in Cape Cod ,MA ..Any one know where this type of thing can be done?

• Sponsors (?)

Not to piss on your idea or anything, but our cars are weak enough structurally as it is. The hardtop itself strengthens the rigidity of the car greatly. Cutting that out is going to have an adverse effect on the car. Could it be done?? Probably.. would you're windows seal properly?? TBD I guess. if ya do do it.. invest in some REALLY good subframe connectors.

madman213 said:
I am thinking about have a custom aerotop like the ones found on supras done on my mustang. It is kinda like t-tops but instead of 2 individual t-tops it is just one single top. Has any one every seen this done. If so any pics. I live in Cape Cod ,MA ..Any one know where this type of thing can be done?

i saw it done to the orange supra in the fast and the furious. that blonde headed dude threw the roof up in the air and jumped onto the semi. mad cool

madman213 said:
like that ?

targaside.jpg

there's a place in NJ that makes a kit for a targa top.

website is: http://www.jmsproductsinc.com/

i've thought about it myself but CTGrey02 makes valid points.. i'm doing subframes next to strengthen the car up as a coupe already, i don't know if it's going to be the best idea to then cut the roof off.

either way it's a cool looking mod to the stang body/design, i just am not convinced the car can handle it structurally. i'll have to call that place up next time in jersey to see if i can stop by and talk to them and see one already converted perhaps..

The structural stability of the car once you add the subframe connectors included in the kit I would say is better than stock rigidity.

Its a cool product, and makes your car very unique. We have had a few customers buy the kits, if I get pictures back Ill post them up.

Targa top

Stallion that is exactly it. I searched for pics on google but didnt exactly know what type of top it is. So it is called a targa top. How Much does it cost? Can you put the missing piece back on if it rains?

"The plug n play kit starts at just 1250.00 plus shipping and comes with a lifetime warranty..Carbon fiber tops will be extra. Subframes, Canvas top and c-pillar panels will also be optional..The kit can also be ordered with just the Canvas top. Also to be included in the offering will be a full view clear roof"

id be carefull taking turns to hard with that...
The roof is critical to body stiffness, our cars were not ever created to be made into targas. Like posted, i would go for a full rollcage if you were to ever do that.
Mike

I thought it might look cool too, but once I saw that picutre... I changed my mind. That thing is ugly. The designers never meant for that to happen and it shows; the lines just dont work.

I do like the clear roof idea though.

I personally don't like the red/black color setup in the picture although a less busy set up might make it look a bit better. I just couldn't chop the roof off my car unless I knew it was a VERY repitable shop and have done many like it (Example: CobraKiller with his S/C Kits)