Roush Suspension/brake question for my insurance estimate

spederman

Apr 13, 2005
The guy working on my estimate says it needs a new rear control arm since the old one was bent and a new rear rotor.

For the rear control arm, is this anything saleen specific? Or will any control arm for a mustang work? I just want to be sure that anything saleen put on, i get the same part back, instead of some cheapo component.

Then the rear disc was cracked. They want to pay for a $30 Napa disc for a mustang. If I want an oem disc, i have to pay an extra $60 out of pocket. Is the OEM better in any way?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

spederman said:
The guy working on my estimate says it needs a new rear control arm since the old one was bent and a new rear rotor.

For the rear control arm, is this anything saleen specific? Or will any control arm for a mustang work? I just want to be sure that anything saleen put on, i get the same part back, instead of some cheapo component.

Then the rear disc was cracked. They want to pay for a $30 Napa disc for a mustang. If I want an oem disc, i have to pay an extra $60 out of pocket. Is the OEM better in any way?

Thanks.

I don't know what year your car is, but I am willing to bet that your car has factory rear control arms unless it is a 94-98 S-351R or SR with the tubular arms.

You pay good money for insurance and the policy should make you whole when you make a claim. Demand factory parts!