Suspension questions

I've been researching prior threads and I'm still semi confused on what I should do.

Essentially my ultimate goal is to lower my car slightly (1.25" drop max preferably) with having tires that came stock with the 07 GT. In regards to the suspension I saw something about when you lower you should get a panhard bar. However I also saw that isn't needed.

I was looking at the various combo packs from FRPP and others, do those contain panhard bars (or would it not be necessary with my setup like I saw somewhere?)?

Also if I get a front strut tower brace (I was looking at the Shelby one from American Muscle), it says that minor adjustments might be needed. If all I've modified is CAI would I need to worry?

Basically just getting conflicting information in regards to the suspension. Want to get it better but don't know where to start really. Any help would be much appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

Ok actually I think I have a better way of wording the question since I think I understand some more since I've done more research.

If I upgrade the tires to what stock GTs have would I be correct in saying that I should upgrade the shocks/struts, brakes (caliper mounting + pads), and lowering springs? Or should I also get a panhard rod at the same time? (since I was considering waiting first because I've read it isn't 100% needed).

If you are just going to the factory 17" GT wheels from the standard 16" V6 wheels, you don't need to upgrade anything else...susp, brakes, whatnot. That's actually a component of the pony package, but you can just do wheels alone, may need to get the speedo recal'ed.

If you stay with a minimum drop, like the Steeda sport springs, (1" front, 1 1/4" back), you also do not need anything else. However, going with a bigger drop, or wanting a better handling ride, you will want to look into struts and shocks and possibly caster camber plates. Though not needed, they will improve the ride.

You do not need a new panhard bar, I've never heard of needing one for a small drop in suspension. Double check with the shop, but again it's not needed.

Also how many miles you got on the brakes? Might be worth replacing the pads and inspecting the rotors since you are into it.

Good luck