Swap Rear Rims To Front With Performance Pack Rims?

Buwanaskee

Jun 21, 2017
The rear rims are 19" 275/40. Is it possible to swap from rear to front? I can get 2 new 10" wide rims from American muscle and throw 19" 305/35 in back. It would save a little cash....and look great if it can be done. Ford originals performance pack rims I would then be able to use one for a full size spare also....right?

• Sponsors (?)

I have heard the rear performance pack rims will not fit on the front due to the backspacing and offset. Don't know if it's true, but that's what I heard.

BTW the fronts are 19 x 9.0" and the rears are 19 x 9.5" and the factory tire size is 255/40 front and 275/40 rear

I have heard the rear performance pack rims will not fit on the front due to the backspacing and offset. Don't know if it's true, but that's what I heard.

BTW the fronts are 19 x 9.0" and the rears are 19 x 9.5" and the factory tire size is 255/40 front and 275/40 rear

So what you are saying is I could demount the tires from the rear rims and mount those to the front rims voilà! 275/40 19" rims....the 9" wide rims on front should hold those no problem right? Then I could just go with the original plan of getting two 10" wide of the same and proceed as planned.

You could, but why not just leave the fronts alone and buy a pair of 19 x 10's and 305/35's for the rear. Then put the 9.5's with 275's in storage for future use.

I thought about stepping up to the 20" versions, but I don't like the fact that the fronts are only 8.5" wide.

You could, but why not just leave the fronts alone and buy a pair of 19 x 10's and 305/35's for the rear. Then put the 9.5's with 275's in storage for future use.

I thought about stepping up to the 20" versions, but I don't like the fact that the fronts are only 8.5" wide.

255/40r19 9.0" up front with 305/35r19 rear.....I've seen people run 295/30r20 up front...looks great....was just thinking to bring the tire out a little to fill the gap. Figured it would stick to the road like scotch tape also. I've seen the wider than 255s up front and I really liked it and was just wondering how I could do it since I don't mind the look of those rims...they are some of the nicer ones that Ford invested in this time. If I could just save a couple bucks and not have to pay for all 4 rims.....with some more handling options --- shrugging my shoulders...just figured I'd see if I could do it??? Why not?