Sync Emblem Question

stanmckinney

10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
I posted a question a few months ago about scratches on my Sync emblem.
Not to rehash all of this, but I have looked at several emblems on 2010 and 2011 Mustangs, and they all look scratched to me. Is the emblem supposed to have a brushed metal finish?
That's what my dealer is telling me. I saw a new California Special with a Sync emblem that had what I considered scratches all over the emblem. The dealer said that's the way it was supposed to be.
Owners of Mustangs with Sync, what do your emblems look like?

• Sponsors (?)

Over the years there have been several versions, the 2011's have a brushed satin like finish they are not completely smooth so may appear to have very light scratches.
I looked at mine and several other brand new cras in a plant enviroment and they look similar to what I described above.
At the end of the day it's only a badge that says SYNC as long as SYNC works fine - don't lose any sleep over it.

I am not losing any sleep over it. Is it too much to just ask what the thing is supposed to look like?
Anyone else? Does it appear scratched or not? Is my dealer telling me the truth or just not wanting to replace the emblem which is part of the console and thus somewhat expensive to replace?

They're supposed to look like brushed stainless (there are horizontal 'scratches' on it). I thought you had a big gouge across it or something....the prize goes to Stanmckinney for being EVEN MORE nitpicky about his car than I am about mine; something I thought was not achievable until now :D

What do I win? A Shelby GT with no scratches?
Seriously, I am nit picky. I admit it. I would prefer no brushed (or scratched) look. My two cents (actually well over $100 to replace the emblem since it is attached to the console and not sold separately).