T5 Trans Questions

• Sponsors (?)

You can use your old bell, but you would either have to swap over the old input shaft and retainer or use an adaptor plate. I think LMR sells them.

I'm not 100% on the starter. I thought they were the same.

Starters are compatible. The issue is the 94+ T-5's got a longer input shaft, and the bellhousing was stretched to accommodate.

In order to use it with the 1988 bellhousing, you'll need to swap the input shaft to a 90-93 variety, as well as the bearing retainer

Downside to the plate is it moves the shifter back about 3/4". Some people like that, but you might need to tin snip the rear of shifter hole.

Also since the trans moves back, driveshaft lengyt should be paid attention to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that plate was pricey too, but I would like to have one. I have 3 fox bodies and a few t5's lying around...a couple are 99-04. It would make it easier to swap them around. I like having options I guess.

Heck, I might use a 3.8 bellhousing and go to 11" clutch. And for some reason, my 88gt t5 sits too far forward. Probably because of the aftermarket motor mounts. It would benefit from a slightly deeper bellhousing.

Downside to the plate is it moves the shifter back about 3/4". Some people like that, but you might need to tin snip the rear of shifter hole.

Also since the trans moves back, driveshaft lengyt should be paid attention to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was told that the drives haft would he fine. But thank you for making me keeping an eye out for it

Just an FYI when it slides the shifter back, the cross member might not bolt up to mounts. I did vice versa and had to change the input shaft.