t56 out of ls1 camaro

MyBloodRunsBlue

Feb 1, 2007
alright well i got a 2001 mustang gt with a t45 in it and 3rd gear is going on the fritz...i want to put a t56 in it but don't know if i can afford a cobra one bc they are 2500 new...could i put a t56 out of a camaro in my car?? what modifications would i need to do? bellhousing? etc...plz let me know

• Sponsors (?)

alright well i got a 2001 mustang gt with a t45 in it and 3rd gear is going on the fritz...i want to put a t56 in it but don't know if i can afford a cobra one bc they are 2500 new...could i put a t56 out of a camaro in my car?? what modifications would i need to do? bellhousing? etc...plz let me know

i dont think it would work it doesnt run a cable and your stang does it has a internal slave cylinder but you may can swap bell housings or something

All of the above is true, and able to be dealt with; however, they are not your biggest problem: The GM T56s have a different input shaft on the transmission. You also need a shorter driveshaft. You'll have to get a Cobra transmission. If you can't find one used, I highly recommend D&D Performance. I got all my stuff from them for the T56 on my 2002 Mustang GT.