Talked me into painting my hood guys!! $$$???

Well i have some money coming in so i can get a few things done to the stang.

My question is how much do you guys think i should pay for a good paint job on the hood and rear saleen 281 spoiler? O yea i would like my hood to get painted red and the 4 cowl lines in the hood to be painted white so you can see the curves of it. I had it done to my GT hood and it looked really nice but it was a sticker not paint. I don't want a sticker on it this time either.

• Sponsors (?)

Its hard to say with the custom stripes. The guy that does all my work has done my last 3 hoods for $300 each. That is prep and paint. But they have been good hoods, and required little prep (Suncoast Creations WS6-style hood on my '99 and '01 Formulas and my Steeda Q400 on my GT).

I'd say that you would be looking at every bit of $500-$700 for the hood w/stripes and the prep/paint on the Saleen spoiler. I would almost look for a good copy of the S281 if there is such a thing. The real Saleen quality is poor which I'm sure you have read on here. Mine wasn't too bad, but it he spent about 5X the amount of time on it as he did the hood.