Team Continental Driver Training at P.I.R. - May 25

Keith looks like Im a little late for this. Theres no way in hell I will be able to get this Tuesday off, but I might go up there on Weds to watch you guys tear up the track. What time is it at? Is there another one coming soon?

• Sponsors (?)

SonicBSnake said:
Keith looks like Im a little late for this. Theres no way in hell I will be able to get this Tuesday off, but I might go up there on Weds to watch you guys tear up the track. What time is it at? Is there another one coming soon?

Wednesday the class starts at 7:30am. It will be cool to see you there. If you show maybe you could help us with some pics and video?

There are a few clubs that provide this kind of training. There are also clubs that have on-track days. Give me a few and I'll find and post some links.

Team Continental
May 25 (Wed) - October 7 (Fri)

CASCADE SPORTS CAR CLUB
http://www.cascadesportscarclub.org/training.asp?page=home
2005 School / HPDE Dates
6/3/2005 - Driving School / HPDE
8/26/2005 - Driving School / HPDE
9/23/2005 - Driving School / HPDE
10/14/2005 - HPDE Track Day

Shelby American Automobile Club
SAAC NW Open Track Dates
Monday, July 11, 2005
Wednesday, September 14, 2005

There are many others.

hicalibrbulit said:
Got my confirmation too. Where's a decent place to get a helmet? They say it's supposed to be sunny but they said that today too.
I bought my helmet at the motorcycles shop in Hillsboro (behind Albertsons at 25th and Cornell). About 2 years ago, I think I paid $45-$50 for a basic helmet.

GT_4_FUN said:
Some clubs will not allow you to use a motorcycle helmet and most will require Snell rating.

Good point. Team Continential's web site states "Approved helmet, Snell 1980 or newer." They don't speciafy SA or M standard. I sent the Driving Master an e-mail.

I would prefer an SA helmet. But I already have a M2000 helmet.

rockon.gif
rockon.gif
rockon.gif
rockon.gif
rockon.gif
rockon.gif
rockon.gif
rockon.gif
rockon.gif
rockon.gif
rockon.gif
rockon.gif
rockon.gif
rockon.gif
rockon.gif
rockon.gif

jordanvraptor said:
Pics? Movies? Repair estimates....?
Keith has a number of pictures & movies, mostly of himself, but I used his camera to take a few shots of other participants.

As for repair. Keith did a little damage to the scoop behind the passenger door, from getting a wee bit cozy with one of the blue barrels :). Not serious, it'll probably rub out. I believe he also may have fried an O2 sensor. And the smoke coming from his brake pads suggests he might want to pick up a new set of those as well :rlaugh: :flag:

And somebody with a DSG 03 Cobra convertible got friendly with a wall, and has some scratches to buff out. Okay, buff out may be an understatement. Unfortunately he'll probably be looking at $5000 easy. Not sure who the guy is -- I think Patrick might know his name. Not a StangNet member.

And for anybody who hasn't gone out for a track day ... yes, it is definitely 8 times better than a drag race. At least.

Dave