tech question about superchargers

VPStang

Founding Member
Oct 1, 2002
bHAM, alabama
So, I was reading around on MPH forum and I came across a guy that said as a rule of thumb he always had his blower rebuilt every 20K miles.

I want to know what others are changing their blowers at. What are the signs that the head unit is going? What parts exactly are rebuilt/replaced?
How much does it cost? And anything else anyone can add about the subject. I've heard that the ford/eaton blowers have a 50K mile maintenance servicing. What are the recommendations for other types and brands?

I think this may help inform a lot of people, about some issues they may not have considered about supercharging their cars.

• Sponsors (?)

Gearbanger 101 said:
Hmmmm......with some Eatons like mine going well over 200,000+ without a rebuild, you can be sure that at 20,000, the most I'm going to do is change the oil.

i wonder what the hell this guy was talking about then....though i think he had a centri...but even then -- every 20K??

so i guess you just keep driving till u notice you don't make as much boost as before and/or see oil leaking from head unit??

does any one know the specifics of having a blower rebuilt?

Like I said, some people are just weird about stuff like that. Change oil too often, change o2 sensors every 20k miles, etc. Just a waste of money. Drive it til it blows up, and then have it rebuilt. :nice:

VPStang said:
...I came across a guy that said as a rule of thumb he always had his blower rebuilt every 20K miles.. ....

Any of the reputable blowers under normal use would last way beyond 20k miles. Maybe he's running the blower under some extreme conditions, or maybe he's suffering from some extreme condition ... psychologically :nonono:.