Tell me your experience with any of those tires

iStang

Apr 10, 2004
Does anybody of you have experience with any of the tire listed below?

245/45ZR17 Dunlop Sport 9000
245/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Sport
245/45R17 Bridgestone Potenza RE050 A
245/45ZR17 Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole
245/45R17 Continental SP Contact 2 XL
245/45ZR17 Pirelli P-Zero Rosso Asy

I’m not going to the drag strip. I’m seeking a summer tire with a decent street performance, a lot of lateral g, high mileage, comfort and good wet traction. I now a tire can’t harbor all this contradictory features. Is there a good compromise?

I think any of those tires are better than the stock gatorback.

:cheers:

• Sponsors (?)

iStang said:

I've used both of these and they are both excellent!!

I would second the BFG KDW recommendation. I am on my third set (second set on this car) and when these wear out I will buy another set.

KDW stands for

K=Key Feature
D=Dry Traction
W=Wet Traction

They have a very stiff sidewall for good lateral stability.

Here is a link to the KDW at the BFG website and a link to a page on the entire G-Force lineup.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/catalog/tires/gforcetakdw2.jsp

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com//promo/gforcesport/gforcesportpop.html

2760dsc00041.jpg

You can find more information on them at The Tirerack.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...h=true&partnum=445YR7GFTAKDW&fromCompare1=yes

iStang said:

Hey bro,

I had the Continentals before and they were great. Now I have the Pirellis and they are somewhat good, too, but the Contis were better.

Blumi

i used the s03 pole position's before and liked them, but the tread life was only @ 12000 miles. Now i'm running the F1's and love em. great traction and killer looks! Alittle pricey though! If you want a good tire at a medium price range check out the nitto's, thats what i used on my stock wheels after the gatorbacks were done.

I actually started a thread like this on MustangWorld a few days ago. From others experience and my researching I found that the P-Zero's tread life is pretty low and the Pilot Sports are good but pretty expensive. I going to have to side with most in this thread on the KDW's. I actually just bought the KDW-2, it's a good priced tire with good all around performance. I paid $800 for two 295's and two 255's. Expensive to me, but not as bad as the Pilot's will cost. I've also heard the Kuhmo's MX are pretty good and cheap, but they suck in the rain. Here's a pic of the KDW-2 tire. I love the tread design.

bfg_gforce_ta_kdw2_ci2_l.jpg

I am going to end your seach now! go to www.discounttiredirect.com

I highly recommend Nitto 555 tires..

The 245/45/17 are listed as $109 EACH. I have those tires and couldnt be happier. They are mainly a dry tire....but I have driven in some crazy ass downpour thunderstorms on the highway coming from the track and I never lost any traction.......They have no road noise and feel great..and look great to....GET EM!

I have the Kumho Ecsta's. They are good tires and ride quiet with good dry traction. Wet traction isn't too bad, but not as good as the BFG G-force KD's I had. Next set are either gonna be F1's or the KDW-2's pictured above.

I love my kdw-2's. best looking tire on the market IMO. happy with the performace.

max performace and max life never go together. you may want too look for a mix. I know the potenza pole postition and pilot sport are nto going to last as long as someof the others as they are a very high perfromace tire.

I would look at sites for reviews. i made the mistake of running avs sports and the tramilined like a b$tch. did not read the review before I bought.

rjstaaf said:
I would second the BFG KDW recommendation. I am on my third set (second set on this car) and when these wear out I will buy another set.

KDW stands for

K=Key Feature
D=Dry Traction
W=Wet Traction

They have a very stiff sidewall for good lateral stability.

Here is a link to the KDW at the BFG website and a link to a page on the entire G-Force lineup.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfgapp/catalog/tires/gforcetakdw2.jsp

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com//promo/gforcesport/gforcesportpop.html

2760dsc00041.jpg

You can find more information on them at The Tirerack.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...h=true&partnum=445YR7GFTAKDW&fromCompare1=yes

Beautiful car, dude! Are those 245's all the way around? Do you have spacers in the back?

i agree with the kdw guys. good tire for the price. also the ventus k104. good tire. had it on my stang. when i went and picked my car up after having them put on, it was raining...i tried to kick it sideways out of the shop and about launched myself into a ditch because they just bit. they lasted me about 15k. good luck with your search bro.

2 sets of Potenza RE-750s (one on each GT) - with tires, you get what you pay for. Couldn't be happier with these tires. Awesome grip in the FL heat and in the FL thunderstorms - no fear no more. My only other choice would have been the GY F1 GS-D3.

Great deals on tires

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found a pair of tires called Grand Turbo Zr on Ebay for a great deal. A pair of two 285/40/17's only cost 180$ so I figure there has got to be a catch. Well the seller had great feedback and so I decided to order two and try em out. I just got them put on today so I don't know any longterm results but I do know that for the money you can't find a better tire. They hook great and it feels so much better to be sitting on such a wide tire (my last set was 255)
Anyhow I thought I would throw this out there for anyone looking to buy tires anytime soon. These tires are especially good if your on a budget. If your interested go to ebay and the seller is jtbdj5.

Specs= AA on traction, A on temp, and a 300 treadwear.
Attached Thumbnails