Test drove a 2003 GT and

pts02GT

Jul 26, 2004
Maybe I was caught up the moment, or maybe I just didnt realize that I was going pretty fast for whatever reason but...

it didnt seem TO fast to me. Granted I was shopping for a 2002 GT, but they didnt want to take out all of the 20 cars infront of it so they gave me a 2003 GT with 16K miles (very nice). I took it for a spin, it was a 5 speed, and I am good at driving stick but I didnt think it was that awfully fast...maybe I just wasn't with it or something.

Anyone got stock times for like 0-60, 1/4 for stock 2002/2003 GT's

I am still going to purchase one VERY soon.

Thanks folks :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

pts02GT said:
Maybe I was caught up the moment, or maybe I just didnt realize that I was going pretty fast for whatever reason but...

it didnt seem TO fast to me. Granted I was shopping for a 2002 GT, but they didnt want to take out all of the 20 cars infront of it so they gave me a 2003 GT with 16K miles (very nice). I took it for a spin, it was a 5 speed, and I am good at driving stick but I didnt think it was that awfully fast...maybe I just wasn't with it or something.

Under 6 seconds if you are a good driver.

Well thats pretty good

I just want something thats going to able to beat all rice crap and other cars on the rode and for 16K I dont think you can go wrong with a 2002 GT :shrug: :spot:

Um you should be able to get an 03 for 16k right now I think? Wait a few more weeks the 04s will even be below 20k if you live some where it doesnt snow it might be worthwhile to wait til october and head some where it does to purchase, mustang prices usually drop in snow prone areas during the snow season.

pts02GT said:

14.2 @ 97MPH Bone stock...and i've only been driving 5-spd now for a month.

It still doesn't feel last to me. Sometimes i get on it and the oompth isn't there. But you need to drive it a certain way. Gotta keep the revs up otherwise the car has no power. I'm used to my 5.0's, which have instant torque at 1500-2000RPM. Nail it then and you get planted. Cars with Torque will always feel faster than cars with Horsepower. 15 second 5.0's feel faster than my '03 GT.

I paid 16K for my '03 GT Premium w/11,000 miles

pts02GT said:

Keep the revs in the 4000+ range and these cars are quite fast. If u drive it like u stole it aint too many cars for 20,000 thats faster. The manuals are easy 13.8 second cars(99+) and 14.2-14.4 (auto) so thats nothing to be ashamed of. Stangnet is a good forum and these guys/gals can have u running low 13's in no time, trust me. My car ran a best 13.8@100 mph with my few mods and 14.4@97 stock.

pts02GT said:
Thats cool...I will give them another test drive...I just want that get up and go power from 0.

Rev up higher and slip the clutch more off the line. If you start at idle and then floor it, the car has no guts. You really need to blip it up to 2000RPM or so and ride out the clutch to get an aggressive launch.

It's a fast car, you just need some time to learn the motor's strenghts and use them to your advantage.

my daughters boyfriend has a stealth turbo R/T, and i beat him by a nose in my basically stock 03 GT, so yeah you should be able to hang with him, espeically if its not the top of the line model

You should be able to pick up a 03 premium GT w/ under 15k on it for $16k. You should also be able to pick up a cobra used with less than 45k on it for that price too. Remember this is sticker price! You can always jew them down. I love my 2v. You shouldn't have any problem with a stealth. Get gears right off the bat (K&N being first and foremost). 3.73 or 4.10. It will make that laggy problem go away for the most part. Launching becomes a little trickier though with the 4.10's. Good luck with your purchase.

pts02GT said:
I didnt think it was that awfully fast...maybe I just wasn't with it or something.

Listen to what the folks are saying--if you shift around 5,500 to 6,000 rpm's you'll notice a difference for sure. The higher rpm's the better. I was "taught" this only a couple weeks ago and boy did I sure notice a difference... I was shifting around 3k rpm's and not getting into the power range.

It just takes a couple of spins in it to get used to how the car will react. Trust me, you will feel plenty of power once you learn how to drive it like it was meant to be. ;)