the edometer light, dome a little when ever I push the window up or down ?

Killa

Jul 9, 2007
When I ever I push the window up or down, it edometer or inside light is dim a second, and my engine is bog down for just same second. is this normal ?

• Sponsors (?)

mine does,i can see that as being normal,your putting strain on the motors in turn extra draw on the electrical system.i wouldnt be worried.just don't do that anymore,you'll burn out your window motors haha and they are a bitch to change.

Mine doesn't do that because I have UDP's on my window motors. Some people say it's a bad idea because it's harder on your window motors, but I feel it's all in the installation. As soon as I get some more mods on my window motors I'll get them dyno tuned but it's not worth if with just UDP's.

for a second i thought you were actually trying to help him. :nonono:

my 99 GT does the same thing Killa :nice: im not worried about it

I think it's fairly normal. I've got a '99 and it does the same thing. I don't think Ford put particularly strong alternators on them.

One way to remedy it is to get a bigger one. I think the factory Ford alt is 130A, at least that's what I've seen as a "replacement".

Personally, I'm not worried about it too much. ;)

The same thing can (and does) happen with big sound systems and under-rated alternators. When the booms hit, the lights brown out (speaking from experience from my youth).

So, if it really bothers you, you can probably upgrade your alternator, but they're rather salty.

Try grinding the paint off of the grounds on the core support, they are painted which equals a poor grounding surface....it helped mine some, but my driver tweeter is still having a light whistle because it is grounded poorly.

Mine doesn't do that because I have UDP's on my window motors. Some people say it's a bad idea because it's harder on your window motors, but I feel it's all in the installation. As soon as I get some more mods on my window motors I'll get them dyno tuned but it's not worth if with just UDP's.

WTF??

To the OP. Electric motors can draw a lot of power when "jammed". So yeah it's normal...but try not to do it :)

Im feel like a retard, for not to give full details :p.

I can control passenger side to roll up and down , using driver side control, but on passenger control , It can only roll up, but cant roll down.

It's the switch on the drivers side control. You may find one cheap in a junkyard but new they are a bit expensive.

It was a joke. I felt it was pretty obvious that his question was answered and mine was meant to be funny. I've seen downright offensive, and also funny, responses on here that weren't deleted. WTF?? :notnice:

If you see something offensive then report the post. Otherwise we try to keep tech as on topic and helpful as possible. Feel free to PM me if you feel slighted.