The heartbreak!!!

:( Was to excited just got my 18 inch 10th anni cobra replicas black with a polished lip. Its dark outside around 8:30 I get to feelin spunky decided I was gonna throwem on. Can't even get the first one up without damaging it. I knew it was a tight fit between my lug wrench and the space to turn the lugs I was still being gentle and tryin to be anti wobbly. Sure if enough I get a little grindage. But no I didn't think it was to bad so I kept proceeding. End result after it was all said in done 3 out of 5 lug holes are all scarred up. Little bit of Heartbreak after seeing it I didn't even put the others on I figured I'll go up to discount tire in the mornin let them do it.

Oh yea almost forgot I honestly didnt have much option anyways my crappy goodwrench jack upon lowering it shot out the release valve I guess and spit hydraulic fluid on my leg not sure if its fixable or not. I didn't even make half a turn to lower the car down.

P.S. if anybody knows a good way to touch up the inner portion of the wheels in the lug area lemme know. What paint to use and how it should be done. I'm guessin a small detail brush and regular gloss black. Would brake heat or anything like that affect it as well?

• Sponsors (?)

I have black Cobra R's, and I made frequent trips to Philadelphia in the summer for various things. Parking can be tight there, and one time out of the 5000 times I parallel parked, I scraped one of my rims pretty bad. It looked horrible, almost like I had half of a polished lip on it.

I got some touch-up paint from Autozone and it worked beyond perfectly. I am the most anal person when it comes to blemishes and imperfections, and you can't tell that they were messed up at all, even when you get close.

Worst case scenario is that you have a slightly off-color black than your rims, which is much less noticable.

I ran into clearance trouble on the lugs on my 99 with the Saleens. I found a 12 point socket and a breaker bar allowed me to take them off. I replaced them with a set of lugs from American Muscle, which allowed me to use a regular deep well 6 point (which I was unable to use previously).

Thanks for the replies I'll definately stop in autozone for some touch up paint and see how that works. I did end up getting the wheels on just had discount tire do it they sold me on a smaller set of lugs and lug key for 20 bucks manager felt kinda bad and hooked me up with some new lugs and put my tires on free after hearin how my night went.

After all that was said and done i think my luck is still bad :p I got my shorty atenna today and i ordered the black license plate frame with the black pony logo and the pony is way off center so I gotta rma that now. The nose of the horse is pretty much touching the left side of the plate. I'm sure I wont have any problems with it though getting replaced just the small hassle.