Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

I drove it about a mile today. No major issues to report. It’s got about an hour of run time, so I’ll change the oil and see what there is to see.
710158BD-EF53-4D78-8AA0-52B73BA6DED5.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I drove it about a mile today. No major issues to report. It’s got about an hour of run time, so I’ll change the oil and see what there is to see.
710158BD-EF53-4D78-8AA0-52B73BA6DED5.jpeg
Just because the rest of the guys have been getting metal in their oil change, you shouldn’t feel peer pressure to follow suit.

You noticed how Mike became a belly button lint picking lemming just because Steve got some fragments..........

Btw, the car looks excellent!:nice:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Just because the rest of the guys have been getting metal in their oil change, you shouldn’t feel peer pressure to follow suit.

You noticed how Mike became a belly button lint picking lemming just because Steve got some fragments..........

I’m not too worried at this point. I am pissy that it still won’t start hot.

Please tell me more about Mike and belly button lint...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
It's the little things...

I went outside last night, too tired to mess with the car. But, I climbed in the driver seat, turned the key, and fired it up long enough to let the warm up sequence finish, rev it a couple of times, and make the garage smell like un-catalyzed 93.

Man, I missed that sound.

I went outside last night, too tired to mess with the car. But, I climbed in the driver seat, turned the key, and fired it up long enough to let the warm up sequence finish, rev it a couple of times, and make the garage smell like un-catalyzed 93.

It's how my car manages to stay in my good graces...all I have to do is turn the light on in the garage.

• Agree

How is the ground clearance?

Oil filter

692951FD-3D29-42D0-B34E-D13B16A151EF.jpeg
3BB9DB79-035E-4015-A868-D745A1037868.jpeg
I hope you're not thinkin that that means that you too are on the path towards engine failure? Change the oil, run the engine for a couple of hundred miles/4-5 hours and just drop the filter and cut it open again.

You may be surprised at how clean it is.

I think unless you pressure wash an engine and have all of these engine brushes to clean the oil passages properly, you're gonna have fungoo in your first oil change. ( least that's how I'm justifying it to myself).
My oil looked like the bottom of the vat at Express oil change, and the filter looked terrible. ( again based on my limited exposure to what terrible is supposed to look like)
I changed out that HD non-detergent junk I put in there with some syn stuff and drove it to a cruise in, beat on it several times, and then pulled the filter and checked it..it came out clean.

Now this Thursday I'm driving the thing 300 miles one way. I guess we'll see if it's truly ok.

Run that btch.

Reactions: 1 user
I hope you're not thinkin that that means that you too are on the path towards engine failure? Change the oil, run the engine for a couple of hundred miles/4-5 hours and just drop the filter and cut it open again.

You may be surprised at how clean it is.

I think unless you pressure wash an engine and have all of these engine brushes to clean the oil passages properly, you're gonna have fungoo in your first oil change. ( least that's how I'm justifying it to myself).
My oil looked like the bottom of the vat at Express oil change, and the filter looked terrible. ( again based on my limited exposure to what terrible is supposed to look like)
I changed out that HD non-detergent junk I put in there with some syn stuff and drove it to a cruise in, beat on it several times, and then pulled the filter and checked it..it came out clean.

Now this Thursday I'm driving the thing 300 miles one way. I guess we'll see if it's truly ok.

Run that btch.
I got it all ready to go last night, but i left the key on and the battery wasn’t strong enough to roll it over.
“No worries, I’ll charge it and go in the morning.”

Nope.
DD6B66AD-6B98-4219-9582-50F29E3DAA4A.png

Hot start issue - fixed
Oil change - done
Turbo oil drain redo - done

I used rotella 15w-40 and the oil pressure is much better. Also added in some Lucas additive for shts and grins.

Water temp is a dead solid 190

And now I have 2 dead cylinders. AFR is dead lean so I’m assuming it’s an injector problem. Gonna let it cool down and investigate later.

Then I’m gonna log some miles

Reactions: 1 user