theres some real idiots on the road

dstang01

Sep 22, 2005
Vancouver, BC
So its been raining for the past couple days, but tonight it cleared up pretty nice so I decided to drop the top, crank the heat and go cruisin'. So Im driving along the dyke road by the river and I come to a 3 way stop with a few other people. Of course, we're all stopping and waiting our turn, so I get to the stop line, wait a bit, then proceed straight through... all of a sudden SOME PIECE OF **** SON OF A BITCH IN A WHITE VAN BLOWS RIGHT THROUGH THE INTERSECTION FROM THE RIGHT MAKING A LEFT TURN ALMOST T BONING MY CAR :mad: :bang: :bs: Luckly I caught him in the corner of my eye and swerved.. that was way too close.. so of couse I lean on the horn.. surprisingly I didnt flip the dip**** off. Anyways.. I was on my way and I saw him in my review mirror.. the guy stops, backs up in the middle of the intersection, turns right and starts following me! Now I was a bit nervous because you hear of all the psycos out there on the road, and I had the top down too so I couldnt exactly lock my doors and be safe. I floored it and got a good distance on him, but then the road goes into town and I hit a red light.. with another car ahead of me so I couldnt even run it.. so Im a sitting duck there and the van slowly comes up behind me.. really close to the back of my car:nonono: . Now I was scared and pissed at the same time, I didnt know what the guys intentions were.. seeing that he was willing to stop and turn around to follow me. He started leaning on his horn until the light changed. Once I got the green I floored it again but the next cross street had a red as well :bang: the guy got even closer to my car this time and honked again.. I took a glimpse at him in my mirror, he looked about 40 and was pretty scrubby.. I was debating if I should shut off the car and go knock him out.. but that would have just been a waste of my time, and even worse of he had a knife or something. Anyways, I took off after the green and managed to get really far ahead of the guy, before he disappeared in my mirror I saw him turn off onto a side street. I cant believe this guy.. he stopped and went out of his way just to follow and piss off someone who he almost smoked due to his own mistake :notnice: way to ruin a good cruise

• Sponsors (?)

that sucks man. you gotta be careful what you do out there. prolly best that he ended up eventually turning and nothing bad had to happen. i saw a similar situation one time, where some dude cut a guy off and sure enough they both got caught at the next light ( with me in the lane next to them) and the guy got up really close and started honking his horn and cussing this guy out. so the man in front car casually got out of his car, walked right up to the guy who was pissed off and maced him through the window. it was pretty cool to watch.

This is why I now take everythign thrown at me whild driving... I no longer flash lights, honk horns, flip the bird.. nothing... I did that stuff for too many years and saw too many psychos like you found...

At least it is all good now...

Ya know after thinking about this i figured I'd tell ya's this story.

The other night my gf calls me saying she is being followed by a car full of guys. She said that when she came out of teh gas statio there was a bunch of guys sitting on her car and she said "excuse me thats my car" they got out of her way and as she was leaving they jumped in their car and started following her. She kept telling me they were up her cars ass and wouldn't back off. I said "ok where are ya?" I ran up to my room grabed my gun and set out to settle the problem. She ended up stoping a wawa and waited till I got to her. I guess when she stoped at a well lit high traaffic gas station they decided to give up. I had a plan all set up I said " when I get there don't talk to me or anything. Act as if you don't know me. Maybe they are watching waiting on you to leave again. I'll follow you home and if they pop up again I'll take care of it" I was kinda hoping they would be waiting in the wawa as well. I was ready to be all macho and ask "do you guys got a problem?"

Yeah, lots of idiots out there. I kinda like the mace idea, much easier to explain in court than a knife or gun. I may get a small thing of mace for instances like these. Next time for sure get the guy's plate number and call him in. If he's high on whatever, he won't be able to drive correctly and maybe he'll get picked up.

I've also see the pick cell phone act work. Act like you are talking to the cops will scare some people away.

As an example, I was working on car the other night. I was sitting just outside of my garage. My neighbor in the townhouses pulls in and a gold colored tarus was right on his arse. As soon as my neighbor got out, this dude in the car starts cussing him out about "what give you the right to f-ing run that red light like that?" He kinda looked drunk, but he was pissed. I just sat there watching. They disappeared around the corner of the building. I heard my neighbor deny everything the guy said. Don't know who was telling the truth but I can guess my neighbor blew through the light.

The guy backed towards his car and could see me sitting there. He seen I had my cell phone in my hand and he quickly jumped in his car and left. Squalling tires and all. I actually wasn't calling the cops, I was going to take a video of the whole thing. :rlaugh: My neighbor's wife is a real witch.

I for one, would have NEVER driven home to let the guy know where I live. That's kinda dumb, especially when you park your truck outside.

There's an easy solution to your problem. Take out your cell phone and AIM it at the jerk. MIRACULOUSLY he will grow some smarts and back WAAAAAAY off. I have done this to tractor trailers and YES I AM FILMING THEM and they know it too. All the sudden their testosterone dwindles and their balls shrink to the size of little baby peas and their estrogen levels go waay up and they are polite as they go by and even smile and wave! My cell phone films and they know it.

There's an easy solution to your problem. Take out your cell phone and AIM it at the jerk. MIRACULOUSLY he will grow some smarts and back WAAAAAAY off. I have done this to tractor trailers and YES I AM FILMING THEM and they know it too. All the sudden their testosterone dwindles and their balls shrink to the size of little baby peas and their estrogen levels go waay up and they are polite as they go by and even smile and wave! My cell phone films and they know it.

That's a great idea! I even have an old video camera that I can use. Even the "thick" idiot drivers will get the idea quickly, that way!

I think I may get a sticker made for our company cars advising that people driving behind that car are being videotaped. (Even if they aren't being taped, maybe most will "play nice".)

I saw a guy throwing a beer bottle at the van while driving, one thing for sure is we need more super heroes like batman or spiderman, end of story:rlaugh:

A lady threw her soda at someone off of I95 and got 4 years. This is serious stuff. If someone gets caught doing crazy stuff on the hwy including riding your arse... judges are cracking down on road rage. People cannot d othis stuff anymore! A lot of people are going to be going to jail.

I am not suggesting to abuse this either by egging someone on or go out and looking for it, pissing someone off and then filming them, lol. I am sure this could be abused.

When I am driving along and some #$%^ decides he wants to take out his frustrations by essentially putting me or my family at risk on the road, he's gonna get a surprise that could land him in jail for 5-10 years, not kidding. Some people go out looking to get "into " it. I find van, truck and drivers of P.O.S. cars do this, but it could be anyone. The risks if they REALLY look at it, are outrageous whe na 6 -? ton vehicle is tailgaiting a 1.5 ton vehicle within inches. There is no excuse for this. True people in the left lane should move over but if they don't , riding on their arse then cutting them off could be considreed vehicluar assault especially when there is a child in the car. I see this soo many times and can't believe my eyes. Still, when I was younger, I did not realize the risks myself.

that sucks man. you gotta be careful what you do out there. prolly best that he ended up eventually turning and nothing bad had to happen. i saw a similar situation one time, where some dude cut a guy off and sure enough they both got caught at the next light ( with me in the lane next to them) and the guy got up really close and started honking his horn and cussing this guy out. so the man in front car casually got out of his car, walked right up to the guy who was pissed off and maced him through the window. it was pretty cool to watch.

I liked that. I definatly want to buy some mace now in case this ever happens to me. Much better then wanting to get out and beat ppl's ass like I usually want to do.

I liked that. I definatly want to buy some mace now in case this ever happens to me. Much better then wanting to get out and beat ppl's ass like I usually want to do.

I told my dad the story, and he told me to keep a can of bearspray in the console for times like this. If the guy comes up with a knife or something and the tops down, just give him a good ol' shot of bearspray and watch him squirm like a little girl as you leave him on the pavement :nice:

This is a good last resort method, beats kicking the crap out of the guy or risking getting stabbed or something worse.

Just make sure he doesn't "squirm" out into traffic. Might ruin your day.

I just had some guys mess with me, this evening. (Funny what was said about the junky cars. These guys were driving an old, clapped-out Cavalier 'vert.) I knew where the police were sitting. So I acted like I was running from them. Led them right to the coppers. Funny!!!!! (Cops didn't see them doing anything, so they ended-up following them. I went on my merry way.)

i know what you mean, the other day I was on my way to work and this guy cut me off going across a 4 lane hwy. I was pulling into the turning lane at an uncontrolled intersection, the car in front of him and come into the intersection, and I had proceeded to cross the remaining two lanes to make my turn. All of a sudden this assbag blew the stopsign and cut me off, so I flipped him the bird. He looks at me, flips me off and starts screaming profanities at me, then, his 14 (or so) year old daughter starts filpping me off while on her cellphone...

So I sit there and we keep shouting at eachother. The ****er gets out of his car and starts walking towards me. Now, granted the guy is probably twice my age and twice my size... I reach for my cellphone and flip it open and as soon as he see's that he gets out of my way and back into his car...

I swear, people can have the biggest head and as soon as you whip out your phone they become the worlds biggest pussies.

i know what you mean, the other day I was on my way to work and this guy cut me off going across a 4 lane hwy. I was pulling into the turning lane at an uncontrolled intersection, the car in front of him and come into the intersection, and I had proceeded to cross the remaining two lanes to make my turn. All of a sudden this assbag blew the stopsign and cut me off, so I flipped him the bird. He looks at me, flips me off and starts screaming profanities at me, then, his 14 (or so) year old daughter starts filpping me off while on her cellphone...

So I sit there and we keep shouting at eachother. The ****er gets out of his car and starts walking towards me. Now, granted the guy is probably twice my age and twice my size... I reach for my cellphone and flip it open and as soon as he see's that he gets out of my way and back into his car...

I swear, people can have the biggest head and as soon as you whip out your phone they become the worlds biggest pussies.

Hahaha!!! I would have laughed my head off ay him and then filmed him with a smile. Seriously though, that guy is insane. I mean literally. Even if it is temporary, think about it the guy is nuts to be teaching his daughter this crap, and getting out of a car like that. RIGHT there in MD if you were filming this nutbag, you can go right down to the commissioners office, show them the footage from your phone and he will be charged with assualt and it CAN land him in jail! :eek: The macing some one ide althugh cool can land you in prison unless ti is self defense. Avoid it. Amazingly, sane people are turning into nut jos everywhere because of road rage. I have seen poeple do some NUUTY stuff!! and people are getting killed over it. :jaw:

"On Nov 13, 2005 a 24 year old woman entered Hodges Boulevard in Jacksonville and got into the left lane. The vehicle she got in front of had to slow down and apparently was upset by this. According to witnesses the second vehicle then tried to pass the woman could not and then started tailgating. Tailgating is a dangerous aggressive driving behavior that is all too common.

Next the aggressive driver managed to pass the 24 year old woman and got in front of her. To show his disapproval the driver tapped his brakes. This caused the woman to swerve off the road where she was killed. The woman killed was Kierra Shore - she was the 24 year old mother of twins."

So WHO CARES if someone pulls in front of you. Go around and get over it! Its not that big a deal unless we make it so.

"One of the most infamous road rage cases in recent American history went down in February of 2001, near the San Jose Airport in California. Sara McBurnett was driving with her ten-year-old dog named Leo, a bichon frise of the same breed which won Best In Show at the Westminster canine competition that very year. In bumper-to-bumper traffic, she accidentally tapped the rear fender of the vehicle directly in front of her, a jet-black SUV with tinted windows and Virginia plates, driven by 27-year-old road rager Andrew Burnett. Both cars came to a stop, and Andrew exited his car.

When little Leo jumped up on Sara's lap to greet the man, Andrew reached through Sara's window and grabbed him by the collar. Then he hurled the dog end over end into the freeway, where it was promptly run over by an oncoming traffic. Panicked, Sara exited her car to retrieve Leo -- but the dog died on the way to the vet.

Andrew, meanwhile, ran back to his car and escaped out into traffic, fleeing the scene. Sara was left with only a minor description of the suspect -- and no license plate. The investigation faltered after Sara failed to pick Burnett out of two separate photo lineups. When the Humane Society offered a reward of $115,000 for information leading to Burnett's arrest, they were inundated with hundreds of tips for months. Ultimately an anonymous e-mail led police in the right direction.

At the conclusion of the sixteen month trial, observers in the courtroom burst into spontaneous applause when Burnett was given the maximum sentence -- three years in prison.

"I'm really sorry for what happened," he said. "If there's anything I could ever say or do to bring Leo back, I would."

Burnett also served time in jail on charges connected to a stolen van belonging to Pacific Bell -- his employer at the time -- containing $68,000 worth of equipment. The reward money was split among John Mora ($75,000) a witness to the accident, and four others who each received $10,000.

"Words can never convey the depth of love I had for my dog Leo," Sara testified. "His clear intent was to terrorize me in the fastest and clearest way he could under the circumstances."