Think I'm going to bite the bullitt and sell the Mustang..Put it Back to stock???

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang5L5 said:
Ok here's another question.

WHat should I ask??

It will be back to basically stock, 36K miles, in PERFECT shape, needs nothing never had a problem. Well maintained and babied. Looks brand new except for small curbing on the pass side rims and a 1" scratch on the rear bumper. It's a 9.5 out of 10

It's a GT premium with leather, ABS/TC, 6-disk Mach 460, Bullitts and 5-spd.

NADA and Kelly Blue book came back as $15.4 and $15.5K retail.

I want to start high, as i'm in no rush to sell so maybe i can get some kid to get really eager about it

you wont get 15k i paid 12k for mine same features with 21k miles.......but good luck though

Mustang5L5 said:
I love my GT....But I think it's time to get away from Mustangs. Don't get me wrong I love them, but it's time for something "normal" for a daily driver.

Now most of my mods are cosmetic, so should i remove them all and put the stock parts back on? It's mainly things like a shifter, cat-back, mach 1 spoiler and grill delete, bullitt pedals, IUP center trim, white face gauges, etc. I think i could sell them all and make several hundred separately.

Obviously if i trade the car in i'll take everything off as i'm sure they won't know what is stock and what is not.

But for a private sale, would a stone stock car be desirable? The only stock peice i don't have is my stock cat-back exhaust. Guess i'll have to leave my flowmaster cat-back on unless i can find a cheap stocker. :(

Is it normal to feel badly about selling my car? I've never had a problem with it and it's like new. I just feel that if i sell it I might regret it :(

I think a kid would be willing to pay top dollar if it were SC'ed because most kids get in fast cars and start drooling and will pay top dollar. Like myself for example, i paid top for a blown bullitt a couple years ago only to run into problem after problem after problem... so i sold it. Im not so sure i would have instantly fell in love for a stocker... but... id say around 12-13k is about right

mustangkid05 said:
you wont get 15k i paid 12k for mine same features with 21k miles.......but good luck though
False KBB doesn't mean sqaut prices for mustangs differ in
different areas of the United States.You should get top dollar
for your car since it looks awesome! :nice:

Sell the 5.0 get a blower for the GT. As mint as it may be....its almost 20 years old with almost 100,000 miles. And at least you havent got into heads and cams and big money stuff. Once you dump money into it...then your really stuck with it.

But if you are going to sell it..leave it as is...but take your shifter out.

Just my .02

Joe

I would put it back to stock as much as possible. Sell the parts separately. Also a good rule of thumb is to see in the classifieds what a Mustang like yours runs for in your area and then price it accordingly.

Yeah, it's tough sometimes to put up with a Stang after you drive a nice sports sedan like a newer Benzo or Beamer. Good luck and be sure to show us your new acquisition.

Pennywise2 said:
False KBB doesn't mean sqaut prices for mustangs differ in
different areas of the United States.You should get top dollar
for your car since it looks awesome! :nice:

I've been checking around and dealers are asking 15-18K for 03-04's on the lot. Seen a few '03's in the want-ad;s for around 14-14.5K here and there. Gonna do a little more research before settling on a final number. SO what if i ask high? If nobody bites, i just lower it a tad until i get someone. Like i said before my car is a 9.5 out of 10.

1BAD93 said:
Sell the 5.0 get a blower for the GT. As mint as it may be....its almost 20 years old with almost 100,000 miles. And at least you havent got into heads and cams and big money stuff. Once you dump money into it...then your really stuck with it.

A lot of wanting a new car has to do with having something i can drive in the snow and not have to tinker with. A supercharged GT might not be the best daily driver in the winter time. Plus after driving that 465 rwHP '03 Cobra, a part of me asks "whats the poing of modding a GT??"

Mustang5L5 said:
I've been checking around and dealers are asking 15-18K for 03-04's on the lot. Seen a few '03's in the want-ad;s for around 14-14.5K here and there. Gonna do a little more research before settling on a final number. SO what if i ask high? If nobody bites, i just lower it a tad until i get someone. Like i said before my car is a 9.5 out of 10.
I agree. In my area people are asking 17-19K for the 03-04 GT's and
the 02's around here are going for around 15-16K it just depends where
you are.I know someone will buy your car from you it's just a matter
of time really and the best of luck to you.If you are looking for a car
that is good in the snow the Subaru WRX and STI are perfect choices.
They are AWD and with a decent set of tires they will performance just
fine on snowy roads.

GT JAY said:
The used car market is for $hit right now. Well, atleast it is here in Michigan. I was told that my 03 GT vert with 17k miles was only worth 16K :rlaugh: :lol:

But I'd definately return it to stock before you sell it.:nice:
His car will sell faster with his mods on the car and he will be
able to get back some of the money that he put into his mods.

GT JAY said:
:rlaugh: :lol:

That's some funny $hit right there.

I for one would NEVER buy a car that was modded. :rlaugh: :lol:

You wouldn't buy a car that was bone stock under the hood except for a MGW shifter and a cat-back exhaust? Those are the two first things most people do.

I'm not trying to recoop money on my appearance mods. I'm just wondering is a 100% bone stock car is more desirable than one that may have a shifter or a cat-back or a few common mods like chin spoiler and grill delete that most people do. Wondering also if i should put my stock cat-back back on? Would little mods like that turn you on to the car or turn you away?

I don't even know what new car I want now. In the last 3 days i've researched three different models and just found another i might be interested in. I kinda set a date of Aug 1st to decide what to do so i have a few weeks to ponder about it and whatnot. WHo knows i might decide to keep my GT one more year :shrug:

Mustang5L5 said:
You wouldn't buy a car that was bone stock under the hood except for a MGW shifter and a cat-back exhaust? Those are the two first things most people do.

Nope, wouldn't touch it. That right there indicates it's more than likely been beat on and who's to say there wasn't more done to it than just that. Not saying that you've beat on your car, but you never know!:shrug:

I've got a buddy who had a 03 GT coupe auto and at one point before he sold it, it HAD an SQ Trim on it. He put it all back to stock before he sold it.

Mustang5L5 said:
I'm not trying to recoop money on my appearance mods. I'm just wondering is a 100% bone stock car is more desirable than one that may have a shifter or a cat-back or a few common mods like chin spoiler and grill delete that most people do. Wondering also if i should put my stock cat-back back on? Would little mods like that turn you on to the car or turn you away?

Anything other than apopearence would turn me off. I'd E-bay what you can, or sell it right here.

BTW How much do you want for the Shifter? :D