Thinkin about a 150 shot

• Sponsors (?)

Numbles said:
I plan on starting with a 50 shot and working my way up from there.

At least start off with a 100 shot and a dry kit would do you fine with all your stock set-up. I would rec a AFPR and a 255 fuel pump.
I pulled 318/411 with no bottle warmer or gauge to see what the pressure was. You should have those 2 for peak performance.

100 Shot dyno

I was spinning like crazy after launching at 25oo w/ Nitto 315's. You will have to master the take off by just practicing. I was usinga WOT switch and hit it after rolling out the hole.
1/8 mile

Im running a zex kit on my 94 stang conv and I love it. Went form a 14.3 to a 13.3 at 106mph. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Im running a 100hp shot and I really wouldn't recommend much more than that without building up the motor. There are two gears you don' t want to use the juice thats 1st and 5th. First you will just roast the tires and you risk over reving the motor. 5th in my opinion is just a waste.

Is 12s possible? Off course especially if you have better heads. The zex kit in my opinion was a breeze when it came to installation. You litterally have to try to screw it up. If any one needs more info on nitrous in general check out this site.
http://atomic.digitalcreation.net/text/Focus/Is n2o dangerous.htm

Numbles said:
94sc50, are you running better times with the blower over the nitrous.

I ran my best time of 12.78 @ 109 with DR's on n2o. 328/450 best dyno
I ran my best time of 12.48 @ 112 w/DR's and S-Trim. 392/420 best dyno

I have to say for the $$ n2o is the way to go. I loved running with the blown guys with just $500 invested. I never had a warmer or pressure gauge so that could contribute slower times b/c it was not at peak performance level. I miss it and used the hell out of it when it was installed. I'm talking like two 15# bottles a week just cruising around all the time with it on. This is worse an addiction than any drugs out there and my filling stations was 10 minutes away @ $4.50 per pound. (more than $100 a week) You must stay diciplined and not be like me. :nice:

94SC50 said:
This is worse an addiction than any drugs out there and my filling stations was 10 minutes away @ $4.50 per pound. (more than $100 a week) You must stay diciplined and not be like me. :nice:

I'm still in denial... :rlaugh: Even worse now that i moved to MO and the price went from $4.50 a lb down to $3.50 where I live now. :nice:

94SC50 said:
I ran my best time of 12.78 @ 109 with DR's on n2o. 328/450 best dyno
I ran my best time of 12.48 @ 112 w/DR's and S-Trim. 392/420 best dyno

I have to say for the $$ n2o is the way to go. I loved running with the blown guys with just $500 invested. I never had a warmer or pressure gauge so that could contribute slower times b/c it was not at peak performance level. I miss it and used the hell out of it when it was installed. I'm talking like two 15# bottles a week just cruising around all the time with it on. This is worse an addiction than any drugs out there and my filling stations was 10 minutes away @ $4.50 per pound. (more than $100 a week) You must stay diciplined and not be like me. :nice:

If you go through 100 bucks a week without track time, then the vortech was the best investment you could've made.

I went from 14.3 to 13.3 with a 100 zex shot. Almost 10mph increase too.

94whitesnake said:
If you go through 100 bucks a week without track time, then the vortech was the best investment you could've made.

I went from 14.3 to 13.3 with a 100 zex shot. Almost 10mph increase too.
:rlaugh: Well now with 42# injectors and my rich asz tune I get about 100 miles to a full tank of gas and that's $25-28 every tank. So I would say yeah it's a fair trade off considering I only fill up 2 or 3 times a week. :nice:

I use a NOS Dry shot kit. I dont use a window switch and i launch with nitrous and dont come off until I'm going through the lights. As long as you dont get in the limiter your good.

Best with slicks

8.00 @ 87mph in the 1/8

best with dr's

13.12 @ 104.98mph that was an 8.45 1/8th mile. that was my only quarter run so i know 12's are gonna be easy. I had to let off because it spun hard then got back on the gas. Bad launch. 1.96 60ft.

Get the nitrous, you'll love it. And i'd pick a wet kit over dryshot anytime :nice: