Thinking about a 2.5 stroke...

mr_woodster

Jul 28, 2003
Riverside, CA
After installing my a237, i lost quite abit of ommffh on the low end. Some i will gain back when i pick my adj/cam sprocket.

With a holset swap pending (along with the h/c :rolleyes: ) i see my build up heading towards the top end screamer, which is ok !

BUT im looking around at 2.5 cranks (445$ from RW) to try and pick up some low/mid range power, and leaving the cam/holset for the top end.

My question comes down to this, what is the turboford (cheapest) way to a 2.5 crank? I know there are some differences from the ford 2.5 crank as far as journal size goes. Can i just have it turned..or use oversized bearings to make up for that? what am i up against, to do this affordably? :shrug:

Thanks again! :)

• Sponsors (?)

racer walsh has oversized bearings to use a 2.5 crank on a big journal (pre 91) block. I would do some research on those though. I think some people have voiced concerns about big power with those.
The other option would be a small journal block. This of course will require throwing in forged pistons, but the blocks ussually have a removable plug for the distributer. You'll have to come up with your own turbo oil return and water supply though.
Seems like a ton of work and cost to me though.

look at RW , the spacers are 140$ plus i would need small main bearings wich could be another 60$. Thats round 200$ plus i would need the crank.

Am i correct in thinking the rod journals are the same? And i can use my stock rods/pistons aswell?

Just kinda planning this out in my head. From what i researched, the stroker setup is the best way to move down and broaden your powerband. And that is exactly what im looking to do :)

now where did i leave that lotto ticket...

We will see, every little bit-o torque helps. After the research i have done, i see that i never really adds "tons" of power/torque, just moves the power band itself...in my head (a scary place) that seems the most logical way to balance what i have now.

Now i just need to shoot for some food, and out of the ground come some bublin oozze, black gold... Texas T...