thinking of making my LX into a 93 cobra clone

DO IT!!!!!!! I love and respect real Cobras, but their not for me driving it once a week to a car show then back in the garage :sleep: and who wants to be handcuffed with 235 crank HP these days:rolleyes: besides someone has to keep up some respect for the cobra slow years.............FOBRAS FTMFW!!!!!
DSC01618.jpg

:D

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, yeah, +1

:leaving:

I'm a purist, apparently. With Capris... four eyes in general... Saleens... Cobras...

Fakes... meh...

BUT, it's your car. :shrug:

:(

:rlaugh: .....................Thank God for the purists:hail2:
no really if i had a Ford GT i would leave it probably stock:thinking:nah have to ruin that too!!...........im a purist................ pure HP:D

Nothing wrong with putting a Cobra body kit on an LX... Not even sure that would qualify as a clone, would it?

Either way the Cobra kit looks great IMO.

In order to "clone" something, it has to look exactly like it. Down to the badge, rims and steering wheel.

If s/he is just going to put Cobra ground effects (including front/rear bumper) then the answer changes. But that certainly does not qualify as a "clone."

Best example of a clone is 89stang1, who even has Cobra floor mats and pedals:

DSC01618.jpg

my 87 has cobra badges, bought it like that... no intentions on changing it. he didnt put body kits on it but i would like to eventually. and as for 89stang1 i would rock his car out in a heart beat thing looks bad ass.

Fobras rock do it.

In order to "clone" something, it has to look exactly like it. Down to the badge, rims and steering wheel.

If s/he is just going to put Cobra ground effects (including front/rear bumper) then the answer changes. But that certainly does not qualify as a "clone."

Best example of a clone is 89stang1, who even has Cobra floor mats and pedals:

DSC01618.jpg

HA HA HA who gives a flyin fxxx! about clones i could care less:shrug:...........i see something i like i get it for example saleen rear wing i got it im not following any pattern..........clone shmone!!!!!:bs: ow thanks for pointing out my GT ground effects yeah they are GT cause i like the GT ones better than 93 cobra ones my point exactly its not a clone its a whatever the hell i like best!! clone your 235 HP no thanks LOL i never once claimed to be a cobra or a cobra clone keep up the good work cobra cop LMAO!!! i cant wait till ur next post keeps me LMAO!!!

my 87 has cobra badges, bought it like that... no intentions on changing it. he didnt put body kits on it but i would like to eventually. and as for 89stang1 i would rock his car out in a heart beat thing looks bad ass.

Fobras rock do it.

HA HA HA thanks bro! i didnt put the badges on my car either, i dont wanna tell cobra cop that tho too much fun...........i gotta admit tho i wouldn't mind if my car had the no badge look. I dont mind the badges enough to risk damaging paint by taking them off, the guy that owned my stang before me was a paint and body guy and did a nice job filling in mustang gt on side skirts cant even tell where it was, and i like the scoops the gt side skirts have which the cobras dont. Thanks Again for the compliment FoxGT87!:nice: BTW your car looks hot in avatar do u have any pics posted like to check them out

HA HA HA thanks bro! i didnt put the badges on my car either, i dont wanna tell cobra cop that tho too much fun...........i gotta admit tho i wouldn't mind if my car had the no badge look. I dont mind the badges enough to risk damaging paint by taking them off, the guy that owned my stang before me was a paint and body guy and did a nice job filling in mustang gt on side skirts cant even tell where it was, and i like the scoops the gt side skirts have which the cobras dont. Thanks Again for the compliment FoxGT87!:nice: BTW your car looks hot in avatar do u have any pics posted like to check them out

You just did. :scratch:

im getting ready for a meet in lakeland tonight got to wash and wax my pony. going to try and find a decent place to take some pictures either tonight or tomorrow. maybe head to the beach and do some sunset photos i dont know. i will make a thread with some better pictures.

im getting ready for a meet in lakeland tonight got to wash and wax my pony. going to try and find a decent place to take some pictures either tonight or tomorrow. maybe head to the beach and do some sunset photos i dont know. i will make a thread with some better pictures.

Great lookin forward, is your stang sonic blue? looks like it in your avatar.............sorry for the hijack payupsucka

If that's the case then I say go for it. I would stop short of rocking the Cobra badges also. I don't know if those ('99 GT) wheels are going to work with the new look though.

those wheels are long gone, thats an old picture in my sig. I have Black Bullit wheels now with M/T drag radials in the rear, if i do it iam gonna paint it 97 mustang rio red, which i beleive was called vibrant red on the 93 cars. i dunno iam slowly but surely being swayed to do it but i think iam gonna leave the cobra badges off. but then again who knows i appreciate the responses its always good to get opinions.

thanks