Third Brake Light

bmac50

Oct 18, 2006
Florida
95 GT I replaced the 3rd brake light because passangers half wasn't working. While I was in there I replaced both bulbs and the passangers side still refuses to light. Before I use the socket for the trunk light does anyone know what might cause this. All lights on the rear end work except this one.

• Sponsors (?)

As far as I can tell both sides are tired together. Have tried three bulbs so I'm thinking it may be the socket is bad when it get put in the socket hole or maybe the wire is being pinched. Don't remember what the voltage was but it was the same for all three sockets.
(left and right side for the 3rd brake light and the light for the trunk)

Have spent more time on this than putting Ford Racing headers on over the weekend.

Chris is right. If you haven't use your test light for testing. The wires can get brittle and your soft touch :p can cause issues (sometimes wiggle testing the wires makes them work again).

Since one worked before, we will omit the wiring pathway from the brake switch for now (the middle brake light differs from the others in that it does not go through the MF switch).

Good luck.

Took the socket apart and the rubber like end was holding it together, removed the rubber and it fell apart in several pieces. Looked at several places for the socket and finally ordered one from the dealer. For now am using the light for the trunk.