This gay marraige thing is personal now, traffic, and the Bible...

• Sponsors (?)

Visceral said:
Not *all* Brazilians :D

Ive been to Carnivale and before ingesting too many caiparinas, I saw enough of the revelry that I did consider duct taping my rear end shut... thats all ;)

chris
Wow, some interesting places you've been hanging out at. Good thing I got nothing to do with brazilians though eh eh.

Ok, for whoever said that we should make everything legal except for what violates someone else's rights. Hmmmm, should we make meth legal too?
You might not care what some people do to themselves, but then again, those same people will turn around and start selling drugs to your kids. Do you want that? I've seen this sort of crap for years now. It's gotten pretty pretty sad.

Anyways, I'm against gay marriage. Not because I have a problem with gay people. I really don't care who's doing who or whatever. It's none of my business, unless you're doing my woman, then it's personal ;).
But in anycase, I don't see how this country as a whole would benefit by implementing gay marriages into our society. It would have an impact on our economy like you wouldn't believe. Why do gay people want to get married anyways? It's just a formality if you look at it and think about it. Of course, you think more, then there's the legal benefits. And we all know what they are. Now these people are gonna get tax breaks, joint bank accounts, eligibility for social services and only the man upstairs knows what else.
Now of course, this gives me a great idea! This puts a light bulb in my head. Maybe I should now just marry my roommate, set up a joint mortgage, claim another dependent, take a chunk off my car insurance and whatever else, and he'll still be just my roommate. But we'll live together! So we're married!

Now that gay marriage is so far into it's legalization process, just give it a few months, maybe a year tops. Next thing you'll be hearing about on the news is "Gay Frauds". But oh well, it's now an evil thing if you're single (like me), because now you are virtually STRIPPED of benefits, get no tax breaks or whatever. I DON'T THINK SO! Gay people were only trying to help themselves out and get some recognition, nothing wrong with that, but now my rights are being infringed upon. Now I'm the one who's getting the short end of the stick. Maybe I should just marry my roommate.....:rolleyes:

RazorsStang said:
Now these people are gonna get tax breaks, joint bank accounts, eligibility for social services and only the man upstairs knows what else.
Now of course, this gives me a great idea! This puts a light bulb in my head. Maybe I should now just marry my roommate, set up a joint mortgage, claim another dependent, take a chunk off my car insurance and whatever else, and he'll still be just my roommate.

Man...Im glad you arent my financial advisor...

Single people (thanks to the now-being-phased-out marraige penalty) pay LESS federal Taxes. Up to $1435 in taxes a year. Most gay couples both work, making them most "eligible" for the marraige penalty.
There is no financial benefit to adding someone to a mortgage you already qualify for. If you dont qualify for the mortgage, and want to add your roommate because you want to get a bigger house and he can help you pay the payment... marraige wont help you there... You will have a mortgage with the dude, which in my book is harder to get out of than a marraige. You SURE you want him as your roommate for 30 years? Hrm... maybe you SHOULD look into gay marriage! :D
Now, for benefits from work, such as health coverage, insurance and beneficiary inclusion, does it really matter to anyone wether the person pays extra to insure another person with a "hoo-hoo" instead of a "fireman"? And if you can marry someone, the last thing you can do on your taxes is call themn a dependent.

I'll just assume you were drinking when you wrote that post or something? :shrug:

Good luck with your taxes this year ;)

RazorsStang said:
Ok, for whoever said that we should make everything legal except for what violates someone else's rights. Hmmmm, should we make meth legal too?
Yes.

You might not care what some people do to themselves, but then again, those same people will turn around and start selling drugs to your kids. Do you want that? I've seen this sort of crap for years now. It's gotten pretty pretty sad.
Well, the setup we have now seems to be working great! Obviously making all these drugs illegal has kept dealers from selling drugs to kids... :rolleyes:

But in anycase, I don't see how this country as a whole would benefit by implementing gay marriages into our society.
Any improvement in civil rights is a good thing. And look at countries that have legalized gay marriage -- it quickly becomes ho-hum everyday stuff and a non-issue.

It would have an impact on our economy like you wouldn't believe.
Oh really? You're right, I don't believe it.

Why do gay people want to get married anyways? It's just a formality if you look at it and think about it. Of course, you think more, then there's the legal benefits. And we all know what they are. Now these people are gonna get tax breaks, joint bank accounts, eligibility for social services and only the man upstairs knows what else.
And why shouldn't they? Why exactly do heterosexual married people get any benefits at all? Because they are morally correct? :rolleyes: Any benefits married couples get should extend to ALL married couples, whether they are straight or gay. Tax breaks are not one of the benefits, by the way, married couples usually pay more, not less.

Now of course, this gives me a great idea! This puts a light bulb in my head. Maybe I should now just marry my roommate, set up a joint mortgage, claim another dependent, take a chunk off my car insurance and whatever else, and he'll still be just my roommate. But we'll live together! So we're married!
Sounds like another great Razor idea. If you're willing to commit to your roommate "til death do you part", then by all means get married and enjoy any benefits you can. But be prepared for the divorce and any alimony you may be forced to pay. This is no different than if you had a woman roommate, why not marry her for all the benefits?

but now my rights are being infringed upon.
You didn't do a particularly good job of explaining exactly how someone else getting the benefits of being married infringes upon your rights. Considering that the vast majority of our population is heterosexual, if there were going to be a loss of rights for you because of married couples getting benefits, it would have already happened.

RazorsStang said:
Anyways, I'm against gay marriage. Not because I have a problem with gay people. I really don't care who's doing who or whatever. It's none of my business, unless you're doing my woman, then it's personal:

So you'd have a problem with a gay woman doing your woman? Been there, done that, even got invited into it. Definately didn't have a problem with it. Of course that was because I knew she'd still come back to me.

SVTdriver said:
So you'd have a problem with a gay woman doing your woman? Been there, done that, even got invited into it. Definately didn't have a problem with it. Of course that was because I knew she'd still come back to me.
:lol:
Sorry for not getting too specific into that. It really would depend on the female......