This Is Why I Love Ford!!!

Ford Needs To Go Down Under for Some direction!
paulstewart351-gt5.jpg

Exactly, Ford doesn't need to do anymore R&D or redesign when they already ahve a good performance sedan available. Base V6, Turbo V6 and 5.4 V8

fpv_gt40thanniv_hi_004.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

You would think Ford would try to bring them here. You'd have to convert to left hand drive and do DOT tests. That is still a fraction of the cost of a ground up R&D project, even using existing parts. I think those cars would do well here. The Ford name turns off a lot of people though. I'd go get a V-6 Falcon for a daily driver, then park the Mustang. If they offered here with a 5.4 and 6spd, I'd trade in my Mustang for it. Pipe dreams though. I doubt Ford would ever bring any of the Aussie cars here. They are probably looking at GM's Holden/GTO experiment.

There were some v8 SHOs with 32 valves. Those had some serious jump to them. 3.4l v8, 235hp@6100rpm, and 230tq@4800rpm.

Yeah the problem was, was that with the additional vehicle weight, and such a small torque increase with it's small displacement, the V8 SHO wasn't any faster than the V6. And they had serious issues with eating cam shafts. :nonono:.

It's too bad though, they were a nice car and had a really sexy exhaust note. :nice:

You would think Ford would try to bring them here. You'd have to convert to left hand drive and do DOT tests. That is still a fraction of the cost of a ground up R&D project, even using existing parts. I think those cars would do well here. The Ford name turns off a lot of people though. I'd go get a V-6 Falcon for a daily driver, then park the Mustang. If they offered here with a 5.4 and 6spd, I'd trade in my Mustang for it. Pipe dreams though. I doubt Ford would ever bring any of the Aussie cars here. They are probably looking at GM's Holden/GTO experiment.

WEll, the GTO was a performance coupe with the LS2 engine only. Ford Falcon would be a family sedan. 4 door sedan for daily driving with the 3.5L V6(265HP), that's a bigger market than the performance oriented V8 only coupe model that GM offered.

Then, the Falcon has optional V8 for those families looking for performance sedan.

WEll, the GTO was a performance coupe with the LS2 engine only. Ford Falcon would be a family sedan. 4 door sedan for daily driving with the 3.5L V6(265HP), that's a bigger market than the performance oriented V8 only coupe model that GM offered.

Then, the Falcon has optional V8 for those families looking for performance sedan.

I know. It sounds like a win-win. Somebody should tell Ford. I still want a Falcon Ute.