Foxbody Keyless Entry System

• Sponsors (?)

Just put an alarm in it and call it a day. I only say this because my Coupe was a manual window/lock car so I added aftermarket actuators to the doors and installed a Viper alarm which also interrupts the fuel pump so it cannot be stolen.

I do like how they make the keyless entry stupid easy to install and the app is nice. But again if you do not have factory power locks then it will not be of much use.

Last edited:
I actually really like this , coming from doing a bunch of plug and play fortin stuff on my family’s Lexus cars and stuff this is cool

Reactions: 1 user
I’m curious how the key looks in the ignition. I know I could use the regular key and just use the fob to unlock the doors, but this is one of those things that will bother me.

More than likely I’m not a customer. My car sits unlocked in the garage, and I just go out for a drive and back home. I never really stop.

I think it misses the mark only because you still have to hit a button, either on the fob or on the phone. 21st century to me means touchless.

Also, the huge relay bank is lame. Not a ton of extra space under a Fox dash.

Gotta say though, the plug and play factor is really nice.

I'd pay more for a passive system (buttonless) with a single box that has built in relays.

Not a fan.
Then again, I am not a fan of most of the keyless/wireless/hands free/nanny controls.
Rotary dial/push button shifter? Nope. Adaptive cruise control? Hell No.
I do like back up camera's, but I hate the "rear view mirror" that is not a mirror but a camera view.
ABS/Traction control? Depends on the operation. Some ABS/Traction Control system are overbearing. If I put a car on a lift and turn off Traction Control, I should be able to put the car in gear and run the wheel speed up to whatever I want. A lot of systems will not let you do that. What is the point of "Off" if it will not turn Off? Same with Headlights. Why have a headlight switch if nothing changes when you move the switch from one function to another? Of course GM has solved that by eliminating the headlight switch completely on some models. You now have to go into the infotainment screen and tap through 3-4 functions to turn the headlamps off, only to reset to "Auto" on the next key cycle. Throw in "Auto Dimming" and you have truly made things annoying. As in, most people who have such systems do not have any idea how they work and bring the car in for a fault that is actually normal operation.
I could go on and on. Manufacturers quit listening to the public a long time ago when it came to building cars. Now it is all Government demands that drive the sector.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Not a fan.
Then again, I am not a fan of most of the keyless/wireless/hands free/nanny controls.
Rotary dial/push button shifter? Nope. Adaptive cruise control? Hell No.
I do like back up camera's, but I hate the "rear view mirror" that is not a mirror but a camera view.
ABS/Traction control? Depends on the operation. Some ABS/Traction Control system are overbearing. If I put a car on a lift and turn off Traction Control, I should be able to put the car in gear and run the wheel speed up to whatever I want. A lot of systems will not let you do that. What is the point of "Off" if it will not turn Off? Same with Headlights. Why have a headlight switch if nothing changes when you move the switch from one function to another? Of course GM has solved that by eliminating the headlight switch completely on some models. You now have to go into the infotainment screen and tap through 3-4 functions to turn the headlamps off, only to reset to "Auto" on the next key cycle. Throw in "Auto Dimming" and you have truly made things annoying. As in, most people who have such systems do not have any idea how they work and bring the car in for a fault that is actually normal operation.
I could go on and on. Manufacturers quit listening to the public a long time ago when it came to building cars. Now it is all Government demands that drive the sector.
I am probably the same way, but I turn 69 in 3 months so I can use my " gray " hair card.........
When I purchased my new truck, Dec 20, I remember telling the sales guy, " You mean this thing has nowhere to put a key in to start it"?????
Wellllll, it didn't take to long to appreciate not having to dig into my pants pocket for keys, especially when I am already inside the vehicle... Just push the button on the door to unlock, climb in and press the big start button?....... Some of the new fangled things are kinda nice......

I'm a big fan of anything "restomod" for these cars. Let's be honest, most of these cars aren't original by the time they make it close to 40 years, and it's nice to have little things that bring it into the 21st century. USB ports, LED headlight bulbs so you can see more than 20 feet in front of you, a stereo that actually hits you in the face a little bit. That being said, It would be neat to integrate "touchless," I feel like this is very close, but somehow the "auto door unlock" that many newer cars have just wouldn't mesh well with all of the old hardware. I'm all for analog, though. I keep kicking myself because I put a touch screen stereo + backup camera in my car that looks great but has no volume knob.... fumbling with a flat screen while getting shaken around in an 80's car is tough. Plus buttons and knobs just feel better.
It always feels good when someone gets in my car expecting it to be antiquated but, it's actually got creature comforts and a crisp sound system. It's all about enjoying a cruise at the end of the day.
Side note- the key fob would look much better if it wasn't an imitation of a new key fob. something 80/90's looking. Like a happy meal toy.

but it makes people more dumb.

I love all the new tech. Give me more please.

Just not in my Fox. Part of the reason I like the car is because of the old-school feel of it. Maybe if i DD the car more i'd be more into this, but keyless entry systems for Fox Mustangs aren't really anything new. I ripped an old Viper system out of my car because I just didn't use it.

I still would like to see the key in the ignition first. I realize I could just use the original key and let the fob dangle, but that defeats the purpose.

Reactions: 2 users
This does the trick and keeps things old school as I prefer with the fox
IMG_2780.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
I like the “old school” of having to lock the doors….. unlock with the key (like it used to be). It’s a cool idea, but the most I’m away from my car is for a coffee at 7/11 (and I’m not one of the idiots that leave their car running while they run in the store…. And act surprised when their car got stolen) ….. anyway……
If I want to use my key fob, I’ll drive my truck, or get in the wife’s car.
Let the new be new and the old be old!

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
(and I’m not one of the idiots that leave their car running while they run in the store…. And act surprised when their car got stolen) ….. anyway……
one of my favorite things to do, follow a mark to a gas station, wait till they go inside AND U B WALK'N!!!
second favorite was hang'n around (hidden of course) and watch the fit they throw when they don't see their car. :rlaugh:

I like the “old school” of having to lock the doors….. unlock with the key (like it used to be). It’s a cool idea, but the most I’m away from my car is for a coffee at 7/11 (and I’m not one of the idiots that leave their car running while they run in the store…. And act surprised when their car got stolen) ….. anyway……
If I want to use my key fob, I’ll drive my truck, or get in the wife’s car.
Let the new be new and the old be old!
The only thing I can say about the Key fobs is I haven't locked my keys in any car with a fob....
The old Mopars were the worst.... push the lock button, then hold in the open button when you shut the door and it would stay locked... I think GM and Ford required you to lock the door with the key.........

I mean, the locks on a Foxbody are a mere suggestion to keep people honest.

You can get into a locked Foxbody in about 5 seconds without damage with a thin screwdriver.

• Agree