Throttle Bodies

• Sponsors (?)

It's a 1997 5 speed v6. It already has a cold air, I had the heads planed when I did head gaskets so it has higher compression, I have upgraded plug wires, and some other stuff done.. I was just curious if I could get my throttle response up just a little

Agreed. You're not gonna see much if anything with a throttle body swap. Honestly.....most bolt on mods are going to leave you disapointed with a 3.8L.

If you can swing it.....I remember a back in the day the T-Bird/Cougar guys used to do the late-90's early 2000's 4.2L truck engine swap to their cars. You could probably pick one up used at a wrecker for the cost of a few choice bolt ons.

I know it's a little extreme, but it's the only way you're going to see any "real" performance gain and still retain your V6 status at a reasonable price. A good way to pick up a good 50hp/35lbs ft/tq.

oops, i forgot besides larger TB an plenum, they also changed injectors ( don't remember what size)and it seems fuel pump. i'm not saying i did but i do recall a post. i just plan on my new >to me -04 ..6< one going with true dual,s tuner, and intake.. I'm fabbing up a dual ram air taken off a camaro for a start