thud From Rear of 95?

I have a 95 that has a loud 'thud' coming from the rear of the car whenever I hit a slight bump or even when i hit the brakes at times. A friend of mine said maybe the rear-end is going out. I'm not 100% sure whats been replaced or not i just bought the car 2 summers ago with a blown head gasket. I locked the motor up when i was moving it from storage. My cousin somehow got the engine to unlock and i had the heads redone and shaved, Now im seeming to find all of the other problems with in. New ball joint, New Coil Spring, New control arm bushings, New tie-rod.... Soo whats is the the thus in the rear now?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The thud could be a loose or worn control arm bushing. I'd put the rear of the car up on jackstands and push on stuff to see if anything is loose. Maybe get a friend and turn the rear wheels the same direction back and forth to see if there's excessive play in the rear end too. The clunk could be either the rear end or a U-joint as the preload in the drivetrain reverses under braking.

thanks for the help... i have another problem that just emerged yesterday...... overheated on me an it heated really fast.... the gadge moved the fastest iv ever seen one move...... im looseing coolant and i have a small oil leak that looks a lil watery but not too bad under the car.. i cant tell where its coming from.. my coolant is brownish, and i have smoke coming from the radiator... this is car is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worn C-clips in the rear-end can cause exactly the kind of "thud" you were describing. You won't hear much driving on roads, but when you take low speed turns into and out of parking lots or hit little lips/dips....clunk!

if gasket blown?

thanks for all the input its nice to have some help from someone who understands pony life and love...lol... .......................if the head gasket blew again, wouldnt my car seem to run bad or have a miss? is there a way to tell without tearing it down again???? im starting to think im just bouncing my head off the wall with this car.....