Tied an STi

Joe 5.0

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2002
Macomb, MI (metro detroit)
Saw a nice blue STi on M59 (Hall rd) here in metro Detroit. I've always wanted to run one and I noticed he took off quick from the light, so I floored it and he didnt put any more distance on me. After he realized I was racing we slowed to about 60mph and we both punched it. He got a slight jump on me, so he was ahead ~ 1 car length. Through 3rd it was dead even, and then after I shifted into 4th I inched about a 1/2 car length so my bumper was with his passenger door. It was basically a tie though, since neither of us really gained any serious ground on each other. :flag:

He had what looked like his dad in the passenger seat, and I was alone. However I had just filled up with gas so that probably hurt a tiny bit. I really would like to race one from a stop, since my tires love this warm weather. I bet someone with turbo/awd would be surprised what a soft suspended rwd car with dr's can do from a stop.

This was in my mustang btw, if you couldnt figure that out. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Car-Stats.com Report for 2004 Subaru WRX Sti
Obtained from MT June, 2003
0-60: 4.9 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 13.2
1/4 Speed: 105

Umm they trap almost 6 miles an hour higher than you so I don't know how you hung with him. I guess anything can happen on the street. Good Hang :nice:

They absolutely dont trap 105mph stock, more like 101-103mph depending on weather. Alot of that mph comes from 1st & 2nd gear though, cuz it has crazy aggressive gearing for stock, plus the advantage of awd. I dont know who would have inched away when I would have had to shift into 5th, but who races much past 100mph anyways?