Time to Let Her Go...

SteedaGT9150

Advanced Member
Nov 10, 2004
Maryland
Well the title says it all, gonna sell her and sit on the money for a bit and use it as a down payment for something in the spring. This is gonna suck :(

Had so many great times in this car...

251575_1884541633025_1225890076_31620260_1672387_n.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Good luck with the sale... Do you mind if I ask why you're selling it?

Not at all.

I really just find myself getting bored with it. Im at the point where I can completely rebuild it or sell and buy something newer and with more potential. Or buy a nice DD and then eventually pick up a weekend toy/project car. Figure it would be thousands upon thousands of dollars to rebuild to my satisfaction, or sell it and use the money for a down payment for something in the spring. Option number 2 made more sense in my eyes :shrug:

I really don't know what I want to buy. I've almost come to the sense where I need something more practical but we'll see what happens. In no way will I be out of the mustang world, but I can see myself buying a nice DD and then picking up a foxbody for a project. I miss my old one to death.

Not at all.

I really just find myself getting bored with it. Im at the point where I can completely rebuild it or sell and buy something newer and with more potential. Or buy a nice DD and then eventually pick up a weekend toy/project car. Figure it would be thousands upon thousands of dollars to rebuild to my satisfaction, or sell it and use the money for a down payment for something in the spring. Option number 2 made more sense in my eyes :shrug:

I really don't know what I want to buy. I've almost come to the sense where I need something more practical but we'll see what happens. In no way will I be out of the mustang world, but I can see myself buying a nice DD and then picking up a foxbody for a project. I miss my old one to death.

I respect that and hear where you're coming from. My damn car needs a paint job, an engine rebuild, and if I were going to do all that I'd smooth out and paint the fenderwells and shock towers, probably rebuild w/ high compression, TFS heads, headers, TF intake manfold, install a tubular k-member and coil overs, etc... etc... etc... probably would want to do over 15-20K worth of work all at one time... Hell I don't know that its worth it... I've considered the same as you, sell it and buy something else or save it and wait to buy a GT500, Boss, or Coyote car... :(

The project car would be down the road and not any time soon. Im basically looking for a lower mileage car that I can turn the key in and go. Nothing to modify, something thats awd or 4wd, decent gas mileage, and something I can fit more that one person in comfortably. Let's face it we all know these cars are great dd's, but I want something with more room, better gas mileage, etc. Weather also plays a large factor in this. In Maryland we get snow obviously, and where I am currently at on the Eastern Shore flooding occurs almost everytime it rains. (I dont need the lecture on how everyone drives their stang in the snow and has no problems, I've driven in snow in my car and in my old fox and that **** sucks) I've already had to park my car on a side street and call for a ride due to flooded streats numerous times.

There comes a point in your life when you have to quit with the toys and get down to business for a bit.

For what it's worth in not just open to fox bodys. I've been looking at Machs, Termis, and S197s. Financially right now, I cant afford a nice toy and a nice DD. I opted to take the route of buying a nice DD and when finances are right, I'll be picking up something to turn wrenches on and drive on sunny days :nice: