Timing cover leak

Ok I need some help and or some tricks of the trade in regards to a timing cover leak.

I have replaced the timing cover gasket twice and both times I cannot get rid of the leak. The first time it leaked and accumulated oil in the little valleys next to the middle bolts. Now the second time around it leaks on the bottom where the cover sits on the pan. The cover itself is in good condition so I am obviously doing something wrong. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

teh first thing you need to do it make sure the bottom of the timing cover, and the oil pan rail are on the same plane. if they are not then you will have a leak. i also use a thin coat of black rtv on both sides of the gasket when i install them. i have yet to have a leak.

teh first thing you need to do it make sure the bottom of the timing cover, and the oil pan rail are on the same plane. if they are not then you will have a leak. i also use a thin coat of black rtv on both sides of the gasket when i install them. i have yet to have a leak.

Has anyone used any type of Gasket sealer to keep the gasket from sliding around, does this help?

Has anyone used any type of Gasket sealer to keep the gasket from sliding around, does this help?

i also use a thin coat of black rtv on both sides of the gasket when i install them. i have yet to have a leak.

the gasket will slide around a bit. how much depends on how much you move the cover around as you install it. as i indicated i use a thin coat of black rtv on the gasket when i install them.