Tinted headlights and turn signals

scrming

Aug 9, 2005
Scott from MRT had tinted my headlights a while back and I really liked the out come... so to take it a step farther I bought a set of CLEAR turn signal lenses and had Scott tint them to match the headlights... here's the results:

clear1.jpg

clear2.jpg

clear3.jpg

and for reference here's what it looks like with the stock amber lenses...

IMG_4520.JPG

here is the old vs new... look at the size of these things!! At first I thought I had the wrong one!

compare.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

shooterm1 said:
Might I suggest also getting the spoiler painted to match?

assuming you mean the chin spoiler... Actually the black ties in with the rest of the car, especially since i still have the black V6 rocker panels...

IMG_4536.JPG

shooterm1 said:
I did - but it looks more gray than black ...

do these really match the black V6 rockers??

because if they do then I'll be ordering one today!

While I won't say they are a 100% match, i feel they are close enough that it doesn't look out of place... And it is definitely more black than gray.... I will try and get a good close up picture of the chin spoiler and the rocker panel, in the same light and compare the two....

I'll try to post the pictures this evening...

shooterm1 said:
I did - but it looks more gray than black ...

do these really match the black V6 rockers??

because if they do then I'll be ordering one today!

Ok... Look at this picture... (ignore the dark black corner of the spoiler... it was still wet). Compare the spoiler to the rocker panels.. To me it a pretty good match... the spoiler might even be a bit more black then the rocker panel... but to me it looks like the rocker panels are an extenstension of the spoiler... For me , the look works... LOL!

chin_compare.jpg

nwoh50 said:
scrming,
You need to let someone else pick mods for your car... sorry that doesn't look good. just being honest

good thing it's not a GT

While I appreciate your opinion on the looks the GT comment was uncalled for and not appreciated. It was a poorly veiled attempt at bashing the V6 will not be tolerated...

nwoh50 said:
scrming,
You need to let someone else pick mods for your car... sorry that doesn't look good. just being honest

good thing it's not a GT
:nonono: :notnice: PM will be sent.

scrming said:
GT comment was uncalled for and not appreciated. It was a poorly veiled attempt at bashing the V6 will not be tolerated...
scrming, you are correct, bashing is not tolerated. :nice:

i will quote Tylers65 for everyones benefit.....
tylers65 said:
I welcome one and all to post freely to this forum so long as it is within the boundaries of the posted rules.

In the past, members of this site have come from other forums and taken pot shots at the V6 owners. Because they have been long standing members, they have been let off the hook with a warning and a slap on the wrist.

For those members... This is your 1 and only warning. I do not care if you have been here since the day the site launched and you have 15,000 posts to your name. If you come in here bashing the V6 forums and/or its members, you will be banned.

:flag: can't be honest on here or what ?
sorry if thats the way you feel..

just because it's in the Catalog, doesn't mean you have to buy it
Just trying to stop the spread of riced out stangs :nonono:

scrming-- sorry if i upset you :cheers:

Nice job Bigcat! :nice:

I don't think The Mistress looks riced out at all. I doubt Modified Mustangs would do a 8 page spread on a riced out stang. Or MRT would put it on the main page of thier web site.

But thats just my opinion.

Nice work John, she looks great as usual! :nice:

nwoh50 said:
scrming,

good thing it's not a GT

My question is this:

IF it was on a GT would your view be differnt about it?

I mean, you can get them tinted for the GT? Does that make a difference at all?

You are not bashing IMHO, but we all make our cars standout a bit. I honestly like if for His car is different than any plain ol GT.

I am glad it is not a GT, he has something to look forward to beating in teh near future.

Lsredy2kstang said:
My question is this:

IF it was on a GT would your view be differnt about it?

I mean, you can get them tinted for the GT? Does that make a difference at all?

You are not bashing IMHO, but we all make our cars standout a bit. I honestly like if for His car is different than any plain ol GT.

I am glad it is not a GT, he has something to look forward to beating in teh near future.

Well said!!!

LOL, John's already beaten up on GT's, but after talking with him numerous occasions, I don't think that is what he feeds the Mistress these days. I hear he prefers to feed her chevy's and imports. :lol:

nwoh50 said:
:flag: can't be honest on here or what ?
sorry if thats the way you feel..

just because it's in the Catalog, doesn't mean you have to buy it
Just trying to stop the spread of riced out stangs :nonono:

scrming-- sorry if i upset you :cheers:

You can be honest... and as I said I can appreciate your opinion on the tint... but as I pointed the GT comment was completely out of line... so leave it at that and move on...

rygenstormlocke said:
Well said!!!

LOL, John's already beaten up on GT's, but after talking with him numerous occasions, I don't think that is what he feeds the Mistress these days. I hear he prefers to feed her chevy's and imports. :lol:

I perfer all the above lately. Here is the addition to my mods:

Attachments

• DSC00488.JPG
    DSC00488.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 64