Title Question

• Sponsors (?)

No problems in terms of title and registration, but certainly the possibility of lower resale down the road. I always look at conversions like this (or 4-eye to aero nose and vice-versa) as something that hurts the value of the car.

Did just this very thing to my last Mustang. It was a GT, but got punched in the front end and was missing the side skirts as well as a few of the body mouldings on the drivers side (bought the car from a buddy for $500 that needed them for his car).

I had a complete 4-cylinder car sitting in the yard for parts and did the conversion. As stated...as long as the VIN states its a GT, then it's still considered one. A person can advertise it as whatever they'd like...but the VIN won't like. Never had an issue selling it. :nice:

No problems in terms of title and registration, but certainly the possibility of lower resale down the road. I always look at conversions like this (or 4-eye to aero nose and vice-versa) as something that hurts the value of the car.

I agree.

Plus it's something as a buyer i'd want to know. If i looked at a 5.0LX for sale, and the VIN stated it was a GT. It would throw up a Red flag to me. Same with trans swaps, or engine swaps.