To sell or not to sell

01Steeda

May 29, 2005
Baton Rouge, LA
OK here's the deal. I have been offered a good bit for my car. enough for payoff and some change. I dont know if the guy really has it or is just BS'n me... but anyway. I have just put alot of money into it with the new engine/head/cams.. yada yada, but man I would love a terminator. Should I take the money and get a cobra.. or hold on to the Steeda and finish what I started?

• Sponsors (?)

well I didnt wanna put the money numbers out there.. but lets just say the offer is enough to have a few thousand left over for a downpayment on the cobra. The main reason I am torn is all the work I just had done, and my wife just LOVES the Steeda. She is dead set against it lol.

01Steeda said:
Yeah I prolly wont sell.. just entertaining the thought. I love my car, just fun to daydream from time to time i guess.

yeah I know exactly what you're going through. The thing is, how many Steeda's do you see out on the road? Not like Terminators are really common, but they are definitely more prevalent than Steeda mustangs. With all the work you're putting into the car, it definitely would be the wrong decision to sell (in my opinion).

01Steeda said:
OK here's the deal. I have been offered a good bit for my car. enough for payoff and some change. I dont know if the guy really has it or is just BS'n me... but anyway. I have just put alot of money into it with the new engine/head/cams.. yada yada, but man I would love a terminator. Should I take the money and get a cobra.. or hold on to the Steeda and finish what I started?

OH man, once you get that snake-bite venom running through your veins, theres no stoppin it!! Take the cash, get the cobra and run!!!!

stangGT97 said:
yeah I know exactly what you're going through. The thing is, how many Steeda's do you see out on the road? Not like Terminators are really common, but they are definitely more prevalent than Steeda mustangs. With all the work you're putting into the car, it definitely would be the wrong decision to sell (in my opinion).

not if hes making his money back + some.

Isn't your engine already built (forged)? If so, then the only question should be how much are you going to spend/save in the long run. If it would be cheaper to supercharge your car, then why go with the Cobra? A stock Cobra will make less power then what you'd make with a supercharger.

I bought mine because the cost was comparable, maybe even less than: buying a new GT, paying to build the engine and transmission, and supercharging it. But since you've already spent alot of money... you shoud look at how much you're gonna spend from this point on.

its tough to just get rid of a car once you spent a ton of cash on heads cams headers and all the other stuff. i thought about the same thing, but i just cant do it. im finishing the job i started.