To Vert or not to Vert

bryce93lx

Jan 20, 2006
Luke AFB AZ
well guys have chance to get a 1993 gt vert black with black top and grey int, brand new ammaco aod and 96,xxx real clean looking power top custom cover for the top when it is down, not in perfect shape, but it's the right colors and i have wanted one for a long long time, so i was wondering what do you vert guys think, is 3,500 a good deal i think it is fair the other thing is with all the chassis stiffeners how well do they handle i have heard they are pretty lose thanks for any input

• Sponsors (?)

well put a hold on it got the day off work and am going to buy it if the guy being straight with me which i think he is, so i'll be rollin in another 5.0 i am stoked. be assured that when it gets home i will whore it and my other baby up

yeah what do they weight???, i know i have my hatch that is in a never ending improvment phase, i was just wondering what all the vert guys did with the suspension and stuff, it will just be a cruiser, and a quasi investment, but i am spolied with the max motorsports coil-overs in my hatch

i will post the pic as soon as auto trader starts working agian

mine is 3450 with me in it, no weight reductions. They are not that much heavier, i beat my friend in his 90 lx all same mods and I put about a car length on him and my first time at the track I ran a 14.8, spinning and it was a goood 95*. I am about to do SFCs, I really need to get onit, they have been hanging in my garage for about 5 months, I'll let you know how much stiffer it feels with it. I am also thinking about getting a strut tower brace with my store credit at summit, that or upper/ lower CAs or headers. buy it, nothing like cruising in a fox vert.

heres the auto trader pic if the guy is being straight with me it will be at my house on monday night, i have to take my asvab on tuesday but i will try to post up some better pics, umm yeah i have sfc on my hatch and i love them, this car will get them as soon as i recover from buying it, i have a strut brace hanging in the shop and i think i will put that on the new car, already happy with the hatch

new baby
736321438.jpg

Old and always favorite baby(not that old i guess i will have both a 93 gt and lx
Sweet:D :D :nice:
101_2718.jpg

Attachments

• 736321438.jpg
    736321438.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 101_2718.jpg
    101_2718.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 28
nice, good luck, just my experience, Do you own a gun? if so u might cinsider brigning it in the car and leave it under the seat or what not, something bout ppl knowing you have alot of cash on you makes them a bit, lemme say Strypeish(meaning crazy lol)

go for the vert. I love my 91 and yes, I can put car lengths on my buddies 89 with basically the same mods. Anyone that tells you that you can't make it as good is dead wrong.. Might cost more to make it stick or to handle better, but it is worth every penny when you drop the top and roll out. I put a set of frame connectors on mine and it made a huge difference!

Go for it!!!

Larry

Nothing wrong with owning a convertible. You can not beat the driving experience on a perfect day with the top down and the exhaust in the background.

As long as you get SFC and a Strut tower brace, the cars are solid.

As most have said put a set of SFCs and strut tower brace it and it will stiffen it up quite a bit.

Get a trans cooler for that AOD and put a nice shift kit on it, some gears and let it rip. Remember that heat is the enemy of any automatic transmission

bryce93lx said:
yeah what do they weight???, i know i have my hatch that is in a never ending improvment phase, i was just wondering what all the vert guys did with the suspension and stuff, it will just be a cruiser, and a quasi investment, but i am spolied with the max motorsports coil-overs in my hatch

i will post the pic as soon as auto trader starts working agian
Around 400lbs heavier...

verts are great. there still fast. verts can still run very good 1/4 times.

our 86 dose a 14.8 @ 99 mph and the only thing it has really it a full exhaust. spinning a litte off the line

yup the old girl is outside right now brand new tranny shifts like a dream, i am however officaly broke as F@&K i have headers and a strut tower brace, and a k&n in the garage, my parents got me all the small stuff i need for it for my birthday and off road h and new msd wires and coil. I Love it drove it home about 200 miles most of which with the top down, i am offically in love. thinking i will lower it in the future maybe a cobra rear bumper and a salen front, get rid of the cheese grater. but i will focus on suspension and a ton of other little things i want to fix. it is black and i was thinking i would put some black 17's with a polished lip, i love the cobra's on my lx but everyone has them and i would like to do something different. once i get here cleaned up this weekend i will post up some pics(the engine compartment is so fricken clean it's crazy and messed my pants a little when i first popped the hood.) :nice: