To you all who have polished your intakes, brackets, etc.....

• Sponsors (?)

The blower is enough for me to keep up with . Everything else got Powdercoated to keep my sanity

Reactions: 1 users
Had a polished stock intake years ago on my car. A lot of work to keep it looking that way. Every time it got water on it, needed to repolish it. Over time it would oxidize and need more polishing.

Needless to say...nothing on my engine is polished these days. Paint or Powdercoat

Reactions: 3 users
Other option to consider is after you polish the parts you can have them powder coated with a clear coat. Then you just maintain them like regular powder coat. (Soap/Wax/sealer)

Reactions: 1 user
Had a polished stock intake years ago on my car. A lot of work to keep it looking that way. Every time it got water on it, needed to repolish it. Over time it would oxidize and need more polishing.

Needless to say...nothing on my engine is polished these days. Paint or Powdercoat
That's exactly what I figured would happen if it got wet. Got a 10lb Polished NOS Bottle that I almost wish I'd kept the OG blue one. Just spent 2 hrs buffing it cause it was getting super foggy looking which doesn't take it too long.

I used to have just about everything on my engine polished. Now I have just about everything on my engine chrome plated. If you don't want to be that crazy, paint or powder coat is the way to go for low maintenance.

kinda like it...zoop seal does the trick

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users