Too many carbs...too little time.

351carlo

Mar 9, 2004
Philadelphia
So here's the age old question. Which carburetor to use on my 351 Cleveland 2v? It's bone stock as of right now. I ordered Edelbrock 2750 tonight, and need a carb to put on top of it. Looking at the Street Avenger series and not sure which to go with. 570 cfm is good for now, but I plan to do cam work and such during the summer. How bad will going with a 670 kill me? A quick and dirty reply would be much appreciated, as I'm leaving for Atlanta in the A.M.

Thanks as always
Carlo

• Sponsors (?)

So I filed my taxes while looking at carburetors, and decided to go with Barry Grant Road Demon 625. Hopefully I made a good choice. It'll mate onto my new intake manifold. Those Barry Grant's just look so sleek, and for the same price as the Holley, I figured I'd give it a try. Please let me know if I made the right choice.

You made an excellent choice although if your going to keep it pretty much all stock I would have selected the 525 Roady, you would have better throttle reponse from the smaller carb.

I run a 625 on my Motorhome 454 Chebby and we roll down the highway at 17,000#s.

If you have a chance contact the Tech Dept at BG and ask them for their recommendation...I think you'll hear "525 Roady or 575 Speed Demon"

Be sure you talk to Mike or Doug, they're the best one's there.

You may also enjoy this tech article:
http://www.4secondsflat.com/Technical_Information_for_Ignition_and_Carburetion.html

It'll help you dial it in once you get it.

351carlo said:
So here's the age old question. Which carburetor to use on my 351 Cleveland 2v? It's bone stock as of right now. I ordered Edelbrock 2750 tonight, and need a carb to put on top of it. Looking at the Street Avenger series and not sure which to go with. 570 cfm is good for now, but I plan to do cam work and such during the summer. How bad will going with a 670 kill me? A quick and dirty reply would be much appreciated, as I'm leaving for Atlanta in the A.M.

Thanks as always
Carlo
If you dont have that 625 ordered yet I have a Speed Demon 650 for sale :)

i got a 73 grande with a 351c an i had a 750 holley up untill x mas an then my dad got my a 600 edelbrock the car ran much quicker with the holley id say go with that if u got the same thing i did a bone stock 351c 2v crate motor i donno if yours is crate or the original motor an or if the power outputs are any different