Torque Storm superchargers?

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
NJ
Saw one of these on Fbook marketplace.
Even have twin kits, haven't seen that since the old paxton days (though i only saw the paxton kits on the flyers back in the day).
Never heard of them.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I get a little bit of a feeling they are going after the high end restomod crowd offering an entire front end accessory drive kit with the AC compressor, alternator and power steering pump.

I get a little bit of a feeling they are going after the high end restomod crowd offering an entire front end accessory drive kit with the AC compressor, alternator and power steering pump.
They are still a fairly new company , Steve morris did a twin setup on a Malibu he built for his wife they did sick week with.

They seem to be breaking into the 91 units and larger now but the price point still puts you into the tried and true stuff

It's tough, because I'm always a fan of companies bringing new products to an old market. But it either needs to be a better product or cheaper. Doesn't appear to be cheaper and as far as better it's going to be tough to beat a vortech. So cheaper probably should have been the priority.
The twin idea of course looks cool. But is it really necessary or is it novelty? Even if for some reason it is effective most street cars don't need the power of more than supercharger. And somehow I don't get the idea that the race car crowd is going to buy in.

It's tough, because I'm always a fan of companies bringing new products to an old market. But it either needs to be a better product or cheap.
A better product is never cheap
Cheap does not get you a better product, it is always worse.

People who can't afford to use a better product seem to never have any problem doing it over and over again, and in the long run end up spending more money than if they had saved up to get the better product.

The quest for the cheapest product has flooded the market with low quality offshore knockoffs, and in the process has driven many of the quality manufactures either out of business or forced them to reduce quality in the attempt to maintain market share.

As a result the entire industry suffers, the hobby suffers and eventually dies.